Shopify CLI stuck at version 2.6.6 in fresh install

Shopify CLI stuck at version 2.6.6 in fresh install

Gallitin18
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi - 

I took a bit of a break from a large Shopify theme development project, but am hoping to publish soon.  My major issue is that I can't seem to install Shopify CLI 3x.

I am on a Windows 11 PC (64bit). 

I followed the instructions to un-install the CLI 2x using Ruby.   There were multiple installs of 2x which were deleted (the highest being 2.2x).  I upgraded have Ruby3.3 (64).  I have the latest version of Git.  I have Bundler 2.5.3.    I then followed the instructions to install the latest CLI.   No matter how many times I run the install, `$ shopify version` returns '2.6.6.'   Further, many of the commands seem to not function. 

In my package-lock.json for my PC, the package seems to have the CLI as the correct version (3.53.1).  However, I note that the OS does not include Win64, only Win32.  

Any assistance in getting the CLI 3.5 to work properly would be greatly appreciated!

Reply 1 (1)

Liam
Shopify Staff
2873 312 821

shopify version is the command used on the old version - to use the new one, you'll need to use a package manager, like npm run shopify version

Liam | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog