3PL in Europe for Low Volume orders

DualSportEurope
Tourist
9 0 4

Hi, 

Desperately trying to find a 3PL to work with in Europe and maybe UK. there are plenty of them however none are interested in start-up, new business due to low sales velocity. None of them are transparent only after wasting hours do they then let you know minimum orders per month. 

Hopefully someone here might be able to help. 

I import from USA and China to sell all over Europe - about 2 euro pallet per month storage needed, 8 large boxes some mix SKU some single item SKU, product ranges in size from 10x10x2cm to 60x50x25cm. 

Sales velocity average orders per month is 15 can be 10 to 30 and some months, as seasonal, can be nothing, but growing (double last year) and a UPT of 1.1. So small with potential. 

Does anyone work with a 3PL at this super low level start-up?

Many thanks. 

Replies 5 (5)

wiremonkey
Tourist
5 0 0

Hey, I'm in a similar boat. I want a European 3PL that doesn't want 500 Euro minimum or something similar. If anyone knows about a decent 3PL that will work with small businesses, we're all ears. Let me know if you find one. I've heard nightmares about ShipBob.

Cheers,

Tyler

DualSportEurope
Tourist
9 0 4

Talking with Octopia so far so good. Just waiting approval but they stated no minimums and on the surface do all I need. 

will post back when live but will be a few weeks yet. 

wiremonkey
Tourist
5 0 0
I'll check them out. Thanks for the hot tip! Definitely will look forward
to hearing about your experience with them.
wiremonkey
Tourist
5 0 0

Hey, any updates with Octopia? I had an initial meeting and it went well, but I'm curious about the bottom line and dealing with VAT as well. I'd love to hear more about your experience.

Cheers,

Tyler

DualSportEurope
Tourist
9 0 4

Going ok but August is holiday season so slower than hoped, mostly down to me as away alot right now. that said all setup and first stock will be going to them shortly, hope by september all up and running. 

Regards VAT, what do you mean? as it depends where you are registered, landing goods, selling etc, not really anything to do with a 3PL but your own fiscal setup. e.g. I have a ltd company vat registered in UK and import goods direct to there, then have a company in Italy VAT regsitered that does the import there and goods go direct to europe. 

if I sell anything in the UK that I dont have stock of but it is in europe I deliver DDP at my cost.

Hope that makes sense. 

DualSportEurope