400 bad request" currency format is invalid"

maseeda
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi there,

I have completed my Shopify store and integrated thirdparty payment providers (as Shopify payments doesn't operate in our country).

The result when someone tries to make a purchase is "400 error currency format is invalid".

Please help me out,

Maseeda

Replies 5 (5)

Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 73 175

Hi @maseeda 

Sincerely hope you're having a great day!
I've read your problem and, before providing a solution, would like to analyze your website. Then, I will provide a solution to you up here - on the forum.
Could you share your website URL? And if your website is password protected, then also provide a password

Useful resources:

Fix “Parameter Missing or Invalid” errors

maseeda
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi @Michal17 Thanks for answering my inquiries.

Here you can check my store, www.zeative.com

You will encounter the problem once you try to make a purchase.

Thanks,

Maseeda

Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 73 175

Hi @maseeda 

Hope you're having a great day!

I just tested a purchase on your online store and I encountered the problem. Did you try to contact the support (Payfast??) team of the payment processor you used?

What country is your store based in? Are there no other payment methods to use? Having your customers redirected away from your store before they can pay can increase the abandoned cart rate.

If you found this comment useful, hit the 'Like' and 'Accepted solution' buttons.

loftyideal14
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi @maseeda 

I would like to find out if you found a resolution with Payfast to your issue?  I am encountering exactly the same issue and just want to know what you did to resolve this as I've lost an immense amount of sales due to this issue that I was not even aware of.

loftyideal14
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi @Michal17 

Based on the research the South African Payfast integration can only receive South African Rand payments based on our SA Reserve Bank regulations.

My Store currency is USD based but my payment integration is with South African Payment integration i.e. Payfast.

"By law, we are only allowed to accept payments denominated in ZAR. This is a South African Reserve Bank regulation which applies to all South African companies.

You can quote your prices in whatever currency you wish on your website, but in the end the payment amount that is displayed on the PayFast payments engine must be specified in Rands. 

We can still accept payments from foreign customers, but the amount must be in ZAR and the credit card system will take care of the conversion."

Is there a tool/app that can be used to translate the transaction to ZAR once payment goes through in order for my Payfast service to accept the payments?