Abandoned cart email not sent (No reason provided)

AthleteSW
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello,

I have been having some trouble with the abandoned cart emails being sent from our online store. We've had automatic emails set up for quite some time and they were working. Recently, however, we changed the timing of our emails from 10 hours to 1 hour. We have also updated them and translated these updates into the different languages we offer our site in. Following these changes, our emails have been getting sent with less regularity. While some of the customers who abandon their carts are contacted, many more are left with unsent emails, whereas before, nearly every customer would receive one. I have checked the settings, and all abandoned carts should receive an email unless the customer completes a purchase.

When I go into the order, it just provides me with the link to the customer's cart, and the option to send an email if I choose (See picture at bottom of post), whereas in other similar cases I've seen a reason is provided as to why.

In my research on this topic, I have gone through the list of reasons given by Shopify as to why these emails may not be sent: items out of stock, unsupported shipping address, etc. I have been sending these emails manually for the last several days using the function provided by Shopify. But feel that this is an important thing to fix sooner rather than later.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 5.16.10 PM.png

Replies 2 (2)

Victoria
Shopify Staff
2090 147 247

Hi there, @AthleteSW.

I appreciate you reaching out in the community and sharing your question and screenshot of the issue. 

In regards to your customers not receiving abandoned cart emails, there may be a few factors affecting this. The abandoned cart recovery email only works for orders processed through the Online Store, Buy Button, or Plus Wholesale sales channels. I would double check your Orders section by Filtering orders by Sales Channel to determine where the majority of your orders are populating from. Please note that orders that are processed through any third-party sales channels on your store will not generate an abandoned checkout recovery email. 

Another factor that may affect the abandoned checkout email from populating is if a customer does not enter their email address before they've abandoned the checkout. This results in not being able to send customers the abandoned checkout email notification once they've abandoned their cart. 

If you've checked your Orders section within your admin to determine where majority of the orders are coming from and customers are still not receiving the abandoned cart notification, I recommend looking into our help center resource on Recovering abandoned checkouts. This resource lists other possible circumstances as to why these emails are not being sent out automatically.

Lastly, if you've exhausted all options above to rectify the issue, I recommend reaching out to our Live Support team via chat, email or scheduling a call-back for phone support. The reason I suggest this is that our Support team can take a closer look to troubleshoot the checkout and see if it triggers an abandoned cart recovery email and take a closer look within your store.

You can contact our team by navigating to our Help Center logging in or selecting your store, enter a topic in the search bar and click Search. On the following page, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Continue underneath Get Support. You'll then be presented options to contact our Support team.

Please feel free to reply to this thread if you have any further questions or experience issues contacting our Support team.

Victoria | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

AthleteSW
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Victoria,

Thank you for your response! I'll go through each of these steps and see how it goes.