FROM CACHE - en_header

Abandoned cart

MerakiWraps
1 0 0

many times the client has made a payment but the order remains as an abandoned cart, and we are unable to mark it as an order, instead, we have to create orders manually. is there any way to manually mark the order (not abandoned) instead mark it as an order? 

Reply 1 (1)
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2289 159 308

Hi there @MerakiWraps!

Thanks for sharing your query with us here in the Shopify Community!

Would you be able to confirm for me here if you're using a payment gateway with an indirect, offsite integration that requires customers to complete their payment outside of Shopify?

If so, if a customer does not wait for the order info to be sent back to Shopify or navigates away or closes that browser window that order would appear as an abandoned checkout in Shopify.

As the full payment info is not returned to Shopify, it would not be possible for this to be recorded as an order.

At this time, there's no way to turn an abandoned cart into an order without payment confirmation. 

What you're already doing here, creating draft orders manually would be the best course of action.

We can help you check to see if there is a payment gateway available where you are that offers a direct, onsite integration though it would ultimately be up to the gateway provider what kind of integration they offer.

If you're happy to confirm where your store is based, I can check for a full list of payment gateway providers available for use there.

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog