Accept Partial payments on Draft orders or Manual orders

Solved
gio-novo
3 0 9

I know you can accept multiple partial payments on Shopify POS which is very useful in my business but i would like this same function when doing draft orders or manual orders. I would like to email my customer the draft order and accept a "deposit" or a "down payment" on an order. Currently Square Invoice and PayPal Invoice offer this useful feature, where you can determine what is the initial minimal payment amount ( example 50% deposit) and after the customer either pick up or we deliver the order the customer pays the remaining amount. With square Invoice you can even set up a schedule of payments similar like a subscription but with a defined dates and last payment date. Also with 3D Cart you can record partial payments on offline or manual orders. 

When will we be able to accept or record partial payments on draft or manual orders on Shopify?

Thank you 

Replies 30 (30)
bruceeeee
Tourist
4 0 7

PLEASE FIX THIS!!! CORE FUNCTIONALITY THAT IS MISSING

roundsound
1 0 4

I'm having the same issue.

Shopify, please add this functionality. It seems like a very basic concept for ordering of any kind. 

George53
Shopify Partner
7 0 20

Why this post is marked as solved is a mystery to me. Please @Dallas @Shopify make this happen!!

katie_leary_seb
Tourist
8 0 7

I posted this initially a few months ago and never heard a word from Shopify about it. I did hear from a lot of other people who agree & would like the same functionality. 

You are correct ... this should NOT be marked SOLVED! 

katie_leary_seb
Tourist
8 0 7

This is not a solution to the problem. It is a clunky workaround that messes up bookkeeping & isnt' intuitive to the purchaser who is being invoiced.

Levi5
Tourist
4 0 4

We really need this functionality as well. The work around hack is not a viable solution for us.

Tim_Gist
Excursionist
56 0 4

@roundsound @George53 @katie_leary_seb @Levi5 @gio-novo 

Hi there!

I found this thread, and wanted to let everyone know about our application, called Wholster, which allows for true partial payments to be made on draft orders using the payment terms features.

You can check out an overview of how this works here:

https://docs.wholster.com/article/payment-terms-overview/

For more general information about the app, please visit the app listing page in Shopify

https://apps.shopify.com/wholester.

If anyone is interested in this solution, please feel free to reach out to us any time at support@gist-apps.com.

Hope this helps, and looking forward to hearing from you!

sbponson
2 0 8
Not interested in an app. Other hosting sites have this functionality built in. The price we pay for Shopify, this should be built in, too.
Geof_Ochs
2 0 0

UPVOTE UPVOTE UPVOTE!!! NEED THIS FUNCTIONALITY. 

Backend split/partial payments for online orders purchased with a manual payment method. 'nuff said.

Use case - I want to be able to "send invoice"/partial payment for a specific $$ amount to two different email addresses.

ElanaSadler
2 0 0

This seems super basic. I need a partial payment option as the 1st installment thing doesn't work with taxes etc. 

If Squarespace has this, how can Shopify not have this??? Ugh I just switched four days ago from Squarespace and now I'm upset that I did!