Accepting Payments from Russian Customers

michaelbudko
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello,

I am operating a shop out of the United States, which is my country of residence. I want to expand my store to Russian customers, which is my country of origin. Russian customers don't have access to Visa nor Mastercard, but they can use Mir cards. How can I go about adding a payment processor that supports Mir cards so that Russian customers can make purchases? As far as I understand, Shopify Payments doesn't support Mir cards. In that case, which external provider should I integrate with my store to accept payments from Russia? I couldn't find one that accepts Mir cards. 

If there isn't one that I can add via UI on Shopify, is it possible in theory to integrate Yandex Pay, Tinkoff Kassa or a similar payment processor that offers an SDK programaticaly? I am a bit at a loss here.
Thank you for any pointers.

Replies 3 (3)

ZenoPageBuilder
Shopify Partner
1052 203 218

Hello @michaelbudko 👋

Sadly that seems Shopify does not support Russian payments at this time. Hopefully they will come back soon.

Screenshot 2023-11-13 at 11.10.14.png

Zeno Page Builder - Build responsive & SEO-optimized Landing pages, Blog posts, Product pages and more...
Learn more at zenobuilder.com
michaelbudko
Visitor
2 0 0

Hey!

Thank you for such a prompt reply!

That it unfortunate but I don't want to give up that easily. 

In your experience, is it possible (in theory) to programmatically establish a workflow where users are redirected to a Russian payment processor (like YooKassa or Yandex Pay) using Shopify API? I couldn't find any tutorials online, although I haven't read through Shopify Dev docs yet to be honest.
I am tech-savvy so I imagine I can implement such a workflow if it's possible in theory. 
Sorry I am new to Shopify 😀

ZenoPageBuilder
Shopify Partner
1052 203 218

I'm not sure if Shopify allows to use of an external payment method. Hopefully a Shopify staff will clarify this question.

Zeno Page Builder - Build responsive & SEO-optimized Landing pages, Blog posts, Product pages and more...
Learn more at zenobuilder.com