Adding credit card surcharge on purchases

ricsie
Visitor
1 0 12

This is a now becoming critical for business.

Being able to pass on bank charges is functionality we need today.

Please prioritise this development.

Replies 6 (6)

FridgyRentals
Excursionist
15 0 30

C'mon Shopify, this is all over the shopify community and is a must have.  When are you going to offer this?

DKusters
Tourist
5 0 9

I'm jumping in on this topic as well, has there been any progress lately? Shopify has rolled out a number of updates lately, but unfortunately this doesn't seem to be included.

With increased bank fees, this has become a serious pressing issue, and I'm sure there are 1000's of shops that would be highly interested in tis feature. But since it discourage the Shopify payment method it is not likely to be introduced at all.

I'm considering moving to another platform as I'm getting more experience in e-commerce I recognize a number of limitations with Shopify where other e-commerce platforms are more customer focused. 

SweetGrassFarms
Visitor
1 0 0

What other options are you investigating? I am about to build our site and I have some concerns. Things are not as simple and straightforward as the demos seemed they would be. Thanks for any wisdom you can share.

Kiziaiaid
Tourist
3 0 3

Any update on this? this is something we need to implement in our store, as bank fees are always increasing, and we would like to pass this to customers.  If  customers would like to pay by credit card, they can pay the service fee.

FridgyRentals
Excursionist
15 0 30

@Kiziaiaid @ricsie @DKusters Shopify are now increasing their credit card fee from 2.7% to 2.9%.  No specific reason given.  Im in NZ and the banks have just REDUCED their credit card fees...it makes no sense an Shopify dont seem to want to engage with us, their customers🙁

Trogdor42
Tourist
6 0 2

All third party apps for adding upcharges add time to the checkout and don't work consistently.

Every other POS system I use/consult on can easily add a % upcharge to the shopping cart for CC fees, handling fees, etc.

PLEASE IMPLEMENT THIS!!!