Address couldnt be verified. Cant use local delivery as an option.

Wolo
Visitor
1 0 0

Im getting the following message "This address couldn’t be verified. You may be unable to buy shipping labels or set up certain delivery methods. Review the format or try re-entering your address."

I live in Chile and offer delivery in my city. I used the Zip code option as my address cant be verified, but it seems that the website does not recognize the zipcodes of other zones cause i still cant see the local delivery option available when selecting pick up, delivery or shipping. I would really appreciate some kind of help. Regards

Reply 1 (1)

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

Hi, @Wolo!

Have you double checked that you've inputted all the zip codes you'd like to offer local delivery to, within your Local Delivery shipping section? If you've only included one zip code so far, only customers who proceed to checkout with an address that matches that one zip code are able to see the local delivery option on the checkout page.

In regards to your address in not being able to be verified, are you able to confirm if the address that you've inputted matches the system's suggested address (there would have been an autofill option when you entered your store's address), or as listed on Google Maps?

To provide some context on this, Shopify relies on Google's APIs to determine geocodes. This means if Google can geocode an address, we deem it verified. This also means that if Google cannot or has not geocoded your address, it will not be able to be verified on Shopify's side, and therefore will not qualify for local delivery.

Updating the address on Google's side is not currently directly supported by Shopify. In saying this, the quickest way to a solution is for you to suggest a correction on Google Maps via this link.

In the meantime however, using postal codes to set a local delivery area will be the most efficient workaround while your store's address is still deemed unverified by the system.

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog