Can I verify my address on Shopify without a utility bill?

Slowlife92
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi everyone, I see on my admin page that my payments are on hold and that I need to verify my adress by providing a utilities bill. The thing is,  I am renting a room and the utilities bills are not in my name. Is there another to verify my address?

Replies 6 (6)

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

Hi @Slowlife92,

Happy to help.

If you can tell me where your business is located, I can confirm any other accepted forms of documentation to verify your address and get your payouts back on track. 

Thanks!

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

egtluk
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey! 

My payouts are on hold due to address verification issue. I want to change my co-owners address so I can give his latest utility bill for address verification. I'm not able to find a way to change the address which I give during the setup of the payments. Please help!

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

Hello @egtluk, welcome to the thread! 

To update the address on file for your Shopify Payments account, I'll recommend that you contact our support team via our Help Center here. We'll send up a request to edit that address, which you can then verify using your co-owner's utility bill. 

Thanks for your question.

Englison
Visitor
2 0 0

I have a legitimate adress and is the same one i put in the shoppify account but the bills come in my fathers name not my name  so what document should i apply if not bills

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

Hi @Englison!

Are you also setting up your Shopify Payments account? And are you being asked to submit any documentation to verify your business address?

With a little more information I'll be happy to point you in the right direction. 

Dressedbyno
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, I have the same problem… Please help me !