After "pause and build" store not accepting payments!

bpark73
6 0 0

Hello, 

www.Ghardian.com 

We chose "Pause and Build" for a month... we now unpaused the store a few days ago yet it won't accept payments at checkout. The store is NOT in test mode. 

https://www.ghardian.com

Please help. IMG-6293.jpg

Replies 9 (9)

WGM
Excursionist
21 1 3

Are you still having this issue? I just checked and it gives me the option to enter my payment information. See screenshot.

Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 2.48.11 PM.png

WGM | 7+ Years Shopify Experience
-If my answer was helpful click Like to let me know!
-Did I answer your question? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

Hey, @bpark73!

Sophia here from Shopify. I had a similar experience as @WGM at checkout (discount applied, payment option available), though it looks like the credit card option has since been disabled and only PayPal is active now.

21-02-8h5dy-nnqo1

Let me know which payment options you'd like to enable and if you're having any trouble with the setup. You can check Settings > Payment providers in your admin to confirm which payment providers are currently active and set up new ones if you wish. If you're sticking with PayPal, don't forget to test PayPal to ensure everything's functioning as expected.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Betty8
4 0 0

I have exactly the same problem.

My shop is  at

https://lulinakuy.myshopify.com/

Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 11.04.46 AM.png

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

@Betty8 wrote:

I have exactly the same problem.

My shop is  at

https://lulinakuy.myshopify.com/

Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 11.04.46 AM.png

Hi, @Betty8.

Thank you for sharing your store link here! I'm seeing the same error message on my end.

It doesn't look like any payment providers are enabled. When you head to Settings > Payments in your admin, you can enable an option for accepting credit card payments, as well as alternative or manual payment methods if necessary.

Note that if you had started setting up one of these options already, or if your store is eligible for an option like Shopify Payments or PayPal, you might see a Complete account setup or Activate button that you'll need to follow before these options can show up at checkout. Which payment methods would you like to offer your customers?

Betty8
4 0 0

Hi Sophia,

Thank you for your answer, but that is not the problem. My shop does have all payment providers authorized. In fact, before I put my shop in "pause and build" mode, I had sales and everything worked alright. When I paused my shop, I got a notification of my payment account being help on my homepage, which is natural considering that I was not selling at the moment, but it didn't automatically go away when I reopened my shop. Now, I am stuck with this hold problem. I attach pictures.Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 4.59.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-02-16 at 5.00.00 PM.png

Betty8
4 0 0

I just want to add that I did not get an e-mail about the holding of my payment account. The notification just showed up on my homepage when I changed my shop to "pause and build". Nothing else in the administration of the shop has changed other than uploading and updating the products on my shop.

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

@Betty8 wrote:

Hi Sophia,

Thank you for your answer, but that is not the problem. My shop does have all payment providers authorized. In fact, before I put my shop in "pause and build" mode, I had sales and everything worked alright. When I paused my shop, I got a notification of my payment account being help on my homepage, which is natural considering that I was not selling at the moment, but it didn't automatically go away when I reopened my shop. Now, I am stuck with this hold problem. I attach pictures.

Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 4.59.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 5.00.00 PM.png

Thank you for sharing these additional details, @Betty8

If your store has been moved back to the Basic plan or higher and at least one payment provider is enabled, payments should be able to go through regardless of the hold. The hold would just be for Shopify Payments payouts and wouldn't affect the customer experience at all. We'll need to take a closer look into the payment settings to find out what's going on in this case.

Since this is a publicly accessible discussion forum, I'm unable to provide account-specific support regarding the Shopify Payments settings or review, but we're happy to help via live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account. When you create a support request, please reference this topic, and provide as much detail as possible so our team can assist.

Betty8
4 0 0

Thank you Sophia,

I sent them an e-mail this morning and I finally got an e-mail from them and the problem is fixed. Thank you!

Betty

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

@Betty8 wrote:

Thank you Sophia,

I sent them an e-mail this morning and I finally got an e-mail from them and the problem is fixed. Thank you!

Betty

Awesome! I'm so glad to hear that you were able to get in touch with our team via email and that everything is now resolved. Please don't hesitate to follow up or post a new question here in the Community if anything else comes up.