Aliexpress shipping options using Oberlo

Shopicry
2 0 0

So I'm dropshipping items from aliexpress using Oberlo, most of the aliexpress items only have ePacket as a shipping method, but some of them have multiple options. 

Now, as far as I'm aware, since Oberlo doesn't take shipping info, you set the shipping information in Shopify via settings>shipping and just create a basic shipment and set a set price based on whatever the shipper has listed. The problem is that since a few of the shippers offer express shipping, I'd like to offer that for those items. I can't offer multiple shipping methods though as they wouldn't apply to many of the items I'm selling. Is there a way to do this?

0 Likes
Lisa
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
242 3 63

Hi, there!

Lisa here from the Shopify Guru Team.

Yes, that's right, in Oberlo, you only choose the shipping for the order after the customer has checked out. What this does mean, is you have to have a base rate that the customers will pay when they check out, set up in Shopify. Here are the shipping methods you can set up natively in the Shopify Admin. 

It sounds like this base rate calculated by price or weight doesn't work for all products in your situation. One option to ensure you're charging customers a rate where you will still make a profit after shipping is to set the price higher for products that do not offer free shipping from the supplier. That way you can take into account the shipping costs in the final cost that the customers will pay for the product, and still be able to offer them free or low-cost shipping.

Another option is to use an app which will allow each of your products to have unique shipping rates. This way you can offer multiple shipping methods for collections and products. For example, one collection can be free shipping, while another is free plus shipping, and the rest can be standard shipping.

To get this flexibility with shipping to allocate products and collections with their own shipping rates, here are some app recommendations: 

- Parcelify

- Better Shipping

- Advanced Shipping Rules

These three apps do require the additional API's which come with Carrier Calculated Shipping provided by Shopify. For the Carrier Calculated Shipping service, it is an additional $20 per month, or free on the annual plan. 

You can chat with Shopify Support here if you wanted to activate this additional service in your store to use the apps suggested above.

I hope this helps, please let us know if you have any other questions. 

- Lisa ?

Lisa | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopicry
2 0 0

Hi Lisa, thanks for the quick reply. I'm still not sure how i can set a base rate if only some of my products have multiple shipping options from ali? If i set multiple base rates and someone selects an item that has only one shipping option from ali, they'll still get multiple shipping options from me. Which means someone can select a shipping option i can't provide for that product.

0 Likes
Lisa
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
242 3 63

Hi, again!

You are so welcome ?

You're right, this is problematic if one product has multiple shipping options from Ali, yet another does not. It will cause a discrepancy in the tiered rates set by price or weight rules that apply to all products. 

To avoid this, you can use one of the apps mentioned in the original reply above. These apps will vary the shipping rates shown to customers based on the shipping rules you have set for that specific product. 

Hope this makes sense now! Please reply if you'd like me to clarify anything. 

- Lisa 

Lisa | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Mibuki
1 0 0

I think this will cause some problems for international companies and businessmen. Due to the fact that there is always high demand for American products including smartphones, clothes and machinery, this fee will create some troubles for people who buy something from Amazon. I have been buying smartphones and laptops via Amazon, because the prices of them in my country are slightly higher than in the US. But now I will reconsider my strategy about purchasing from the US. I am thinking about consulting with packages24.com

0 Likes