Solved

All orders (fulfilled and shipped) show as open?

pinsonmain
Tourist
11 0 2

I opened my shop 2 days ago and received 57 orders. Every one is fully paid, fulfilled, (paid and fulfilled are in grey next to each order), labels were printed and I shipped them. But the number 57 still shows next to "Orders" in my sidebar menu. 

Am I missing something obvious here? Do i need to manually edit something else about each order to make them drop off that number in the sidebar?

Accepted Solution (1)

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @pinsonmain!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Thank you for posting your question in the community forums.

First of all, congratulations on the sales in your initial days open- that's exciting news! With regards to the paid and fulfilled orders appearing as "Open", I have a suspicion as to what's going on and how you can prevent completed orders from appearing as "Open" going forward. 

In the Settings> Checkout section of your admin, there's a settings in the Order Processing section you can toggle to automatically archive orders once they've been fulfilled and paid. Here's a screenshot to show where you'll find that setting: 

auto-archive.png

If that option is enabled, then once a paid order is fulfilled it will no longer appear as "Open", but rather will be archived and will not contribute to the open order notifications. If you don't have the setting enabled, go ahead and toggle it on and save the page to make future orders automatically archive once they're paid and fulfilled. Applying this setting won't retroactively archive each of the fulfilled orders you currently have open, but they can all be archived at once using a bulk order action.

To archive orders in bulk, head over to the Orders section of the admin and follow these steps: 

1. Select all of the orders you wish to action
  2. Click "More actions"
  3. Click "Archive orders" from the drop-down menu

Here's a screenshot for a visual reference: 

archive orders.png

Additionally, our Help Center has a section dedicated to order processing and archiving with more detailed information. Let me know if this helps sort out the issue you're experiencing by replying back here, and I'm also happy to lend a hand with anything else you may need assistance with. Happy selling! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @pinsonmain!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Thank you for posting your question in the community forums.

First of all, congratulations on the sales in your initial days open- that's exciting news! With regards to the paid and fulfilled orders appearing as "Open", I have a suspicion as to what's going on and how you can prevent completed orders from appearing as "Open" going forward. 

In the Settings> Checkout section of your admin, there's a settings in the Order Processing section you can toggle to automatically archive orders once they've been fulfilled and paid. Here's a screenshot to show where you'll find that setting: 

auto-archive.png

If that option is enabled, then once a paid order is fulfilled it will no longer appear as "Open", but rather will be archived and will not contribute to the open order notifications. If you don't have the setting enabled, go ahead and toggle it on and save the page to make future orders automatically archive once they're paid and fulfilled. Applying this setting won't retroactively archive each of the fulfilled orders you currently have open, but they can all be archived at once using a bulk order action.

To archive orders in bulk, head over to the Orders section of the admin and follow these steps: 

1. Select all of the orders you wish to action
  2. Click "More actions"
  3. Click "Archive orders" from the drop-down menu

Here's a screenshot for a visual reference: 

archive orders.png

Additionally, our Help Center has a section dedicated to order processing and archiving with more detailed information. Let me know if this helps sort out the issue you're experiencing by replying back here, and I'm also happy to lend a hand with anything else you may need assistance with. Happy selling! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

pinsonmain
Tourist
11 0 2

Oh ok! I did have the auto archive setting turned off, and have fixed it. Thank you!

SMW1
Visitor
2 0 0

Orders that I have partially refunded (applied a discount after the order was made) remain open even though they are fullfilled.  Automatically archive the order is and has been toggled on. 

clafrich
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi, I have the auto-archive setting ON but fufilled orders are still not being auto-archived. Any ideas? Is this a known bug with Debut?

JodyDD
Visitor
2 0 0

I have the same thing happening on my side. My toggle is on for auto archiving but I have a ton of orders that are fulfilled and still show open.

MicheleW
Visitor
3 0 0

Same as above! I have my orders set to auto archive but many are not. It seems to especially be a problem with orders that have had a partial refund, return, or other second stage of activity. 

JodyDD
Visitor
2 0 0
Agreed! I think that is where its happening.