Apple Pay keep showing Invalid shipping address

AladdinHasan
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi, any customer trying to checkout using apple pay it keep showing shipping address in Invalid any support???Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 6.27.44 PM.png

Replies 34 (34)

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

Hi @AladdinHasan,

Thanks for getting in touch!

How many different customers have reported this Apple Pay error to you? It looks like you've replicated the error with your own Apple Pay account here, is that correct? Can you also confirm which payment gateway you are currently using?

Since the shipping (and billing) addresses used for Apple Pay are pulled in from a customer's own Apple Pay settings, we'll want to look here to resolve the issue.

• From your mobile device, visit Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay > Shipping address (under ‘Transaction Defaults’).
  • Is there an address listed here?  
  • When you enter your home address into Google Maps, is it formatted the same way? 

Thanks so much!

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

AladdinHasan
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi June

Thanks for your feedback, I am using STRIPE as payment gateway and many users here reported same issue.

• From your mobile device, visit Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay > Shipping address  (I am using my own Apple Pay account on multiple other shops and working perfectly)
  • When you enter your home address into Google Maps, is it formatted the same way? (yes same address for both)
June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

Thanks @AladdinHasan, that's super helpful!

Have you had any luck processing a payment via Apple Pay since we last spoke? If not:

• Are you able to complete your checkout (for the same product and same shipping address) using any other method of payment? 
  • When you proceed through your checkout flow, are you able to select a shipping rate for your order? 

I ask because sometimes what we'll find with Apple Pay is that if there are no available shipping rates, a customer will be met with Apple Pay's own error, as opposed to our standard "This order can’t be shipped to your location" or "There are no shipping methods available for your cart or address". I do find it curious that we're being told the shipping address itself is invalid, as you've said you've had no issue making purchases with your Apple Pay account elsewhere.

In any case I am more than happy to continue troubleshooting with you here and also recommend that you connect with Stripe's support team to rule out any potential account setup issues that could be contributing to what we're seeing. Have a wonderful day!

decoza
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi There

I am also having the same error. I have integrated using Stripe

thanks

BuaetifulBoutiq
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi June - is there a solution? 

YallaCase
Excursionist
14 0 3
Hello Yes we found the solution for our shopify website www.yallacase.comIf you want we can double check your website. Regards YallaCase Team 
YallaCase Online Store for iPhone Case Cover in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
FirasAwad
Excursionist
29 0 14

can you let us know the solution 

Ar2r
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi, any solution on this issue? We are getting a lot of abondoned checkouts when people use Apple pay.

relhar2
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi June, Hope you're well. Have you been able to solve this issue? It seems to be explained well in this thread. 

makh
Visitor
2 0 1

hi , i have the same issue , did u solve it , please let me know 

YallaCase
Excursionist
14 0 3

Hello,

I do have the same issue with our website www.yallacase.com , ApplePay still asks for shipping location when we select United Arab Emirates.

When we select shipping location to any other countries than UAE, Apple Pay works perfectly.

Would you please help us?

Regards,

YallaCase Team

YallaCase
Excursionist
14 0 3

Hello 

Have you found a solution please?

We are having same issue for our website www.yallacase.com 

Regards,

YallaCase Team

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

Hi folks! Thanks so much for sharing these examples. 

Can you please connect with our support team via our Help Center so we can further investigate and track any regional trends? This also helps us offer feedback to Apple's team if necessary. Thanks again!

YallaCase
Excursionist
14 0 3

Hello @June thanks a lot for your message. 
Any chance to help us please as we didn’t find any solution for our website www.yallacase.com 

izaakazanei
4 0 0

I have the same issue and have reported this a long time ago, however there's no solution from Shopify! 

benjaffer
Tourist
5 0 1

I also had the same problem with Apple Pay returning the "Shipping Address Invalid" error message while testing my Stripe setup before going live but I managed to solve it after I launched.

Less than 5 minutes after my site went live, I thought I should try one more thing before settling on completely ditching Apple Pay for my Shopify store.

I know Apple devices are all about regions. It depends on which region you have setup your device at while you first went through the setup process. If memory serves me well then your region is under  Settings > General > Language and Region. That's where your device region is at. Then, to solve this shipping address invalid issue, on Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay > Transaction Defaults > Shipping Address add an address in the same region of your device setup. 

That did actually work for me and I was able to move away from the "Shipping Address Invalid" message.

That's as far as I went with testing.

However, the question remains, do all your customers have their regions setup in their countries of residence or their original countries? That leads to another question, which is how will your courier receive the shipping address data if your region is not stup in your country of delivery.

I'm still trying to figure out whether it's possible to test an order payment with Apple Pay and check with my courier what shipping data they receive but I couldn't find a way and I if it's possible then I'm yet to find it.

Hope this helps

Thesofie
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello Ben, sorry this was written 1 year ago, and I hope you get this, I want to understand more about how you manage to overcome this problem. my location and my shipping address are both in UAE, but Apple Pay still does not work. 

so was your advice to change the country ? usu another country as location and as shipping address?

waiting for your reply 

BuaetifulBoutiq
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi. Has anybody found a solution? 

FirasAwad
Excursionist
29 0 14

it is a mapping issue between apple pay shipping fields ( AREA )  and Shopify shipping field ( emirates ( dropdown ). if the Area field in apple pay shipping doesn't match emirates dropdown list , then it is error 

https://community.shopify.com/c/payments-shipping-and/apple-pay-not-working-in-uae-stripe/m-p/157031...

FirasAwad
Excursionist
29 0 14

This the issue  , mapping , anyone finds a solution,let us know please

mapping between apple pay and shopify shipping.png

Madad
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hello

Did you manage to solve it ?

YallaCase
Excursionist
14 0 3

hello, yes we fixed it for our website www.yallacase.com , can you share yours we can check and see if we can help 

Ar2r
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

How di dyou fix it

FirasAwad
Excursionist
29 0 14

You can’t unless you have Shopify pro 

it is error from Shopify side related to area and city mapping with city Apple Pay city field 

YallaCase
Excursionist
14 0 3

Hello Firas

we don’t have Pro Shopify and it’s working without issue for us. Can you try to make a purchase (not to pay) just to see if you have the error on our website YallaCase

FirasAwad
Excursionist
29 0 14

Same issue  is in your website , if I put the area anything but city, I will get this error . 

if you put  the area in the shipping ( Dubai , Abu Dhabi , Sharjah , etc… ) this it will work 

it very confusing for UAE customers, which will cause dropout. 

FirasAwad_1-1676312225836.png

FirasAwad
Excursionist
29 0 14

The Shopify developer who did the mapping with Apple Pay for UAE , is an Xxxxx with all my respect  . Shopify doesn’t want to do anything about it 

so upsetting 

YallaCase
Excursionist
14 0 3

I understand your frustration but it’s not Shopify the issue. Are you using stripe for the payment gateway ? 

YallaCase
Excursionist
14 0 3

Here as well all looks working on our website YallaCase 

see screenshot 

F9D5255A-298E-4C77-A148-F6F6AD5717F9.jpeg

YallaCase
Excursionist
14 0 3

Look for me no issue with Apple Pay 

29F57367-F10D-42C1-9968-76D6A8ECE716.png

FirasAwad
Excursionist
29 0 14

Hi , 

I assume you don’t live in UAE 

you put the area = Dubai , which in this case your Apple Pay will be successful.

As a customer  in UAE 

Dubai is not an area , it is a city. 

area could be = Barsha , downtown Dubai , Dubai marina etc….

customer in UAE will not use  , Dubai as area and Dubai as a city. 

Hope it is clear now 

if you were able to fix that , please let us know 

thank You 

Nada-AlAwadhi
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Firas,

Any update on this issue? I got a complaint for a customer with the same error. We are in the UAE. I've also experienced the same error across several other stores.

Thank you

Vocalma
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello,

Let me know please if you were able to solve it, I am also in UAE and its always giving "Update Shipping Address", and when I go to shipping section, it is asking to "Enter a valid state / province", although there is no such fields.

Regards,

Ribal
Shopify Partner
4 0 4

Any one found a solution for this? This is not acceptable im trying to fix it for months and tried with shopify support nothing is changing!