Solved

Can Apple Pay and Google Pay be used with a 3rd party gateway on Shopify?

shian20
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Can you use apple and google pay using a 3rd party payment gateway.

I am just enquiring as have a client who require apple pay and google pay for ecommerce site.

Thanks

Accepted Solution (1)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

This is an accepted solution.

@shian20 

Great question! 

Google Pay is only supported if you are using Shopify Payments. It can not be used with any other payment provider. 

Apple Pay is supported by the following payment providers: 

• Shopify Payments
  • Stripe
  • First Data Payeezy
  • Authorize.net
  • CyberSource
  • Braintree

You can select your client's country from this list to see a full list of available payment providers to help determine if your client is eligible to use Google Pay and/or Apple Pay. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

This is an accepted solution.

@shian20 

Great question! 

Google Pay is only supported if you are using Shopify Payments. It can not be used with any other payment provider. 

Apple Pay is supported by the following payment providers: 

• Shopify Payments
  • Stripe
  • First Data Payeezy
  • Authorize.net
  • CyberSource
  • Braintree

You can select your client's country from this list to see a full list of available payment providers to help determine if your client is eligible to use Google Pay and/or Apple Pay. 

chiragramjibhai
Shopify Partner
12 0 2

Hello @Trevor 

When you say Apple Pay is supported for following payment providers(as listed in your comment), is it available out of the box, or we need to make some coding to enable this.

In my use case I am using Global Payment(Realex) as third party Payment Provider, and in their(realex) website they say that the Apple Pay and Google Pay are supported, but I am clue less about how I can integrate it with the Shopify.

Where I am confused is, when I have seen the doc of Global Payment and Apple Pay and Google Pay, in all the guidelines there are instruction to add some java script, but I don't know where to add this javascript while using third party payment provider in the Shopify.

What I am also thinking, Can we use Shopify's checkout extensions here to enable Apple Pay/ Google Pay via third party provider?

Can you guide us in this situation!!!

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@chiragramjibhai 

Apple Pay works out of the box with all support payment providers. Google Pay is only supported with Shopify Payments. 

While your preferred payment provider may allow the use of Apple Pay and/or Google Pay, it would not be possible to use either if the payment provider is not on the list of supported payment providers for Shopify. 

BolinasMarket
Visitor
3 0 0

Trevor - can you provide me with one or two examples of sites using Apple Pay on one of these 3rd party providers, so I can see the consumer experience? just need a couple of reference examples. Thanks!