Are eye patches pseudo pharmaceuticals?

VectorOff
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello everyone! I have a few questions.
1) Is it possible to sell eye patches (which remove bags under the eyes) on Shopify?
2) Will my payment gateway be blocked? (PayPal, 2CheckOut).
3) And how to check the goods so that they don't block me?

Replies 2 (2)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 464

It's really payment gateway-specific, you might want to review their individual Terms of service.

Speaking about Shopify Payments. You can see their product restriction here
https://www.shopify.ca/legal/terms-payments-us

Look for the section that states:
"Products or services that are otherwise prohibited by law or our financial partners"

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 318

Hi @VectorOff,

Hyde here from Shopify. Great question!

The Risk team at Shopify that is responsible for compliance and product approval does not provide support on our forums, and general support cannot provide more help on Risk-related topics beyond sharing our Acceptable Use Policy which includes a link to Restricted Items.

Of course, these documents give very broad guidelines, and, as I'm sure you can appreciate, compliance needs to be handled on a case-by-case basis.

So we cannot give you a definitive answer in the forums. Certainly, if your products do not comply with our AUP then you will be notified by the Risk team directly.

When it comes to Paypal and 2Checkout,  as @Nick_Marketing correctly pointed out, different Payment gateways have their own eligibility requirements (Paypal US and 2Checkout), so you would need to reach out to them or read their acceptable use policies and product restrictions.

I hope you find this information helpful! Let me know if you have any further questions.

All the best, Hyde.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.