Australian Regional Shipping

DavidH3
Tourist
8 0 2

Hello,

I am thinking of moving my site to Shopify and am in the testing phase.

I notice that the Australian states are all listed as destinations, but is it possible to have regions within states ie Far North QLD and Regional West Australia etc.

We use couriers for our freight and the cost to freight to Cairns, QLD can be two or three times the cost of Say Brisbane, QLD for the same item.

Has anybody discovered a way to best deal with this?

Thanks for your help,

D

Replies 13 (13)
Ruralbsupplies
7 0 0
Hi all,

I’ve been using two different app plug ins

Addition and trans direct.

Each have their pros and cons. I have heavy butcher equipment and I do offer free shipping to metro areas and charge shipping for everything else.

Addition is great because you can set up a range of post codes and list exclusions from that range. However it takes a LONG time to add all the post codes and come up with your own shipping prices.

Trans direct works well as you just need to put the Dimensions of your product in and it calculates prices based off that. Best solution I’ve found so far
AmmoniteLiving
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi,

Is Addition the Australia Post shipping Ap?

We require the same features. thanks.

Ruralbsupplies
7 0 0

Yes, it’s an Aussie based business. You can reach out to the developer too.

HariKrishna
Shopify Partner
738 26 89

@AmmoniteLiving,

You can also check out the Multi Carrier Shipping Label app that integrates with Australia Post and you can set up a range of postal codes and list exclusions from that list. Also, the app allows you to add dimensions for your products and the shipping cost is calculated based on those values. You can even add custom boxes based on your product weight & dimensions and the app will automatically decide in which box your product will fit. 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping