Authorize.net doesnt show in provider list

diegomerkapp
Visitor
2 0 3

I created a US Store in Shopify, but when I try to add Authorize.net to the payment provider it does not appear among the options to choose, I already have the authorize account along with its credentials but without the Shopify integration I can't connect the gateway.

I hope I can find a way to resolve this, thank you.

my provider listmy provider list

Replies 17 (17)

SmallTask
Shopify Partner
973 41 55

Hi @diegomerkapp 

You should choose Third party providers in the Payments to add the Authorize.net payment gateway

banned
glowguard
Visitor
1 0 1

You guys should probably learn the most up-to date info before posting unhelpful things. The poster is obviously looking through the list and it turns out Authorize.net was in fact taken down as an integration option. 

christian56
Visitor
2 0 8

I'm in the same situation. Been using shopify for 2 years and they randomly decide to take one of the biggest payment gateways away. Shopify support says use "Bankful". This is not right as I have my accounts and banks within authorize. 

I hope this makes it to a top priority for them to resolved. I would hate to have to switch platforms. 

*edited by moderator to reflect Pinwheel Payments name change to Bankful

SowEden
Visitor
1 0 6

We are also in the same boat. We migrated to Shopify from Squarespace, meanwhile spending a BOAT LOAD OF MONEY with our website developers... And we have an approved merchant account through Authorize.net, yet when we went to connect our store today to to Authorize.net on the third party payment processors list in Shopify, they were missing. We chatted support and they told us, "as of September 8th, 2022, Authorize.net and Cybersource have been partially delisted and are no longer available for new installs. Existing merchants already using the gateway are not impacted and can continue to use Authorize.net or Cybersource." Then Shopify claims it was Authorize.net who made the decision to delist, but we called Authorize.net and they say the exact opposite. Authorize.net can't get a hold of Shopify because there is not a number to call and no one to contact. THIS IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING. We would not have come to Shopify if we had known this would be an issue. Anyone else as frustrated as us? 

Ferminator
Tourist
4 0 0

Yes, very frustrated as you. Wish we could band together and get shopify to put authorize.net back!!! It's affecting a bunch of 3rd party apps as well. We cannot longer use Recharge. Then tried Appstle and faced the same issue. Horrible. We are stuck. 

anardwd
5 0 0

It's back on the list of accepted payment providers as of today! 

anardwd
5 0 0

Shopify just sent an email to our web dev today saying authorize.net is now available as a payment gateway again!

GoldenShop
Visitor
2 0 1

Yeah major issue, we have another shopify store already using auth.net and now our new store that was supposed to launch Friday suddenly had the gateway pulled. When I contacted supported they responded about Stripe, a different gateway then I contacted them about: "Stripe will no longer show as an option since Stripe is no longer available for the third party payment gateway. Stripe was delisted on the supported third party gateways last September 8th and will no longer be available for installation." 

So apparently they are pulling a lot of gateways, probably trying to make more money on Shopify payments.

GoldenShop
Visitor
2 0 1

Response from support:

Unfortunately it is a hard no for core merchants that are attempting to install Authorize.net in any capacity. I know this is not the news you wanted to hear and I really hope you and your client can find a really positive way forward.

It might be a good idea to let them know about the benefits of Shopify Payments. There are no transaction fees, they have access to Shop Pay and Shop Pay Installments for example and a whole host of other features with proven benefits for eCommerce stores.

So yes, they are trying to push their own gateway.

anardwd
5 0 0

Shopify emailed today saying their intention was not to force people to use Shopify payments instead but a "internal issue" between them and authorize. Not sure how much I believe that, but authorize is now available to use again so I'll take it as a win

Ferminator
Tourist
4 0 0

We just went thru similar situation and I'm afraid Shopify could care less about helping us. Support is really awesome, it wasn't their call to drop a bunch of gateways including authorize.net. 

We have been using Shopify for 2 years connected to authorize.net.  Unfortunately because we wanted functionality you only get if you have Shopify Payments as your processor, we attempted to switch away from authorize.net.  Well, Shopify decided we cannot be on Shopify Payments because the type of business (food/nutraceuticals)  and at that point we had disconnected authorize.net (the only way to try qualify to connect Shopify Payments was to disconnect authorize.net which is so backwards) and could not go back! Horror!

Luckily, we had Chase Orbit as a merchant behind authorize.net and that worked.

However we have a subscription program (for repeat orders) and we have not been able to fulfill those orders because all the 3rd party apps such as Recharge, Appstle, etc are only giving the choice of Shopify Payments,   amazon pay or paypal. 

I personally think it looks tacky to have amazon pay or paypal on your website checkout PLUS we get much better rates from Chase, so that's a no go.

Talking to authorize.net last week, I was told that Shopify did NOT inform authorize.net when they were dropped. 

Talking to support from Recharge and Appstle, I learned they neither.  They had NO idea authorize.net was not an option anymore.

I suggest you get a merchant from Chase Orbit, or hopefully you qualify for Shopify Payments. Or maybe paypal express or amazon pay work for you.

Good luck. 

suzannesadek
Visitor
2 0 1

We are in the same situation after taking months to switch to authorize.net we went to add the integration and it was not there.

No help no support from authorize.net and shopify.  Authorize.net was not even aware

We have been without any payment processing for over a week and cannot find a solution with another payment gateway as our lotions contain CBD and the normal payment gateways consider it a high-risk payment.  

We are beyond frustrated and do not see any solution for this.

Ferminator
Tourist
4 0 0

Sorry Suzanne, it is unfortunate situation! 

If your orders are over the phone, you could enter the order in Shopify, then charge the customer directly on authorize.net virtual terminal.

I know not ideally but better than nothing. You can then mark the order paid on Shopify.

Everyone needs to call authorize.net and ask them to escalate and get them to work with Shopify to take them back. It has affected thousands of people and tons of smaller apps too that only worked with gateways!

Do you have your own website or you are only using Shopify? I suggest you get your own, even a smaller one who is.not going to kick you out unannounced.

We have our own website and use Shopify for the shopping cart, but also have a backup shopping site with another little provider. Just found out you can even connect authorize.net tool directly to your website for the shop page.

Hope you find a solution soon! 

kjproweb
Shopify Partner
138 8 25

Suzannesadek,

RE: Here's a strongly recommended and endorsed solution.

You'll be pleased to know that Bankful Payment Gateway is listed in Shopify's directory of approved payment gateways in North America. That's your solution.

Bankful gladly supports merchants selling CBD, Delta 8/9, vape products, pipes, bongs, and much more. Their pricing is excellent as well.

• Let your customers pay by Visa, Mastercard & American Express (credit card & debit cards),
  • Pay-by-bank account debit (Plaid©)
  • Google Pay© & Apple Pay©,
  • Recurring subscriptions (weekly, monthly, or quarterly). Yes, your customers are given this option.
  • Automated fraud detection tools
  • Comes with a built-in Virtual Terminal

Bankful gateway is owned by eMerchant Broker (EMB). They can approve and activate your account the same day. No waiting around for days or weeks. Click here.

Rates & Fees (Oct. 2022)

This link will take you directly to Emerchant Broker (EMB). Sign up for Bankful here.

Happy Selling,

Kevin James

KJ ProWeb, a Shopify-approved Partner

(818) 850-1034

*edited by moderator to reflect Pinwheel Payments name change to Bankful

Kevin James
Expert Web Developer & Shopify Partner
anardwd
5 0 0

Authorize.net is back up on Shopify! 

suzannesadek
Visitor
2 0 1

It's not back up as an option on my account. 

anardwd
5 0 0
Hi Suzanne, go to settings > payments > and click 'manage' on the first
block next to the provider you're currently using (if you haven't set up a
provider it will say shopify payments). Then scroll down and click 'choose
another provider' and authorize.net should pop up on that list. If it
doesn't show up for you you'll have to reach out to shopify support and ask
them to troubleshoot. Hope that helps!