Why isn't my automatic discount applying on purchases over $50?

Ginar
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi I set up an automatic discount and it will not apply to a cart. I’ve watched the video and I’ve tried it two ways. I’m trying to add a free holiday graphic tee if a client spends over $50. My site is www.ensembleonthego.com

can u help?

Reply 1 (1)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 132

Hi, @Ginar 

Sorry to hear you've been having troubles with your automatic discount. 

First thing I'll mention, you'll need to make sure you've added all products to your cart in order for the discount to work. This means that customers will also have to add the free t-shirt to the cart for the automatic discount to apply. Have you tried this? 

Otherwise, make sure you've been through our detailed instructions for the discount setup in our help document for a Buy X Get Y discount. You'll select the Minimum purchase amount option when setting up the discount criteria. 

Let me know how this goes. If you're still having troubles, let me know where you're getting stuck!

I also noticed that your store says "Powered by Shopify" in the footer. Some merchants prefer to remove that, if you'd like to do so, our help document linked here explains how. Just an option for you! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.