Bank Account Set up Australia

Bakihta
1 0 0

Yeah I’m having that problem too. It won’t allow me add my account number it keeps coming up as an error

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1094 128 173

Thank you for reaching out here everyone. Without tagging my name, I did not receive a notification, so apologies for the delay.

I have spoken with the billing team and they have assured me that the below information is all you need when setting up Shopify payments in Australia. I would recommend typing it, instead of copy and paste, and no special characters are (- /, etc) needed.

• Bank State Branch number (BSB): 6 digits
  • Account number: usually between 6-8 digits

Let me know if you run into any issues!

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
brezania
2 0 0

Hi, this is for @Hank

I came across your name in a thread from last year and I am hoping you can assist.

I am based in Australia and having trouble getting Shopify to accept the BSB number I am entering. 

I have tried multiple times (typing in) the BSB number : 182182 and to no avail.

Please help!

Thank you.

0 Likes
Ollie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
282 42 50

Hey @raiandco.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate the context that you have shared as that is super helpful. It is a bit odd that the Bank State Branch number (BSB) is not being accepted into the Shopify Payments gateway. The BSB and account number should not have any hyphens or extra characters added. If you can confirm that no additional characters are added, I would suggest that you may need to contact your bank to ensure that the numbers are correct. With that being said, each region also has local requirements that the bank account must adhere to. For Australia, the bank account must be with a physical bank in Australia, in AUD currency, and eligible for BECS transfers.

Let me know if that works for you, I am looking forward to your reply.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
brezania
2 0 0

Hi Ollie,

Thanks so much for outlining this for me. This is on someone's behalf, so taking a bit of too-ing and fro-ing.

I didn't add any hyphens etc. It may be that the account doesn't meet the requirements you listed as it is with Macquarie Bank.

I will ask them to look into it and let you know.

Thanks again,

Tara

0 Likes