Solved

Being charged a Shipping amount at checkout despite having preset a rule of "over $150 is free ship

ShazSJS
Tourist
3 0 0

Hey Helpful Peeps already making Shopify Shipping work well,

I'm still setting up & am so close to launching! 

Did a first order to check quality of product, delivery time-lines etc.
I'd preset a rule of "purchases over $150 have free shipping".
Went to purchase $198 worth and am being charged $15.95 shipping - despite my preset shipping rule.

Advice please anyone that's "been there man" & resolved it 🙂

@Shipping @shipping1 @myshipping @Dropshipping 
Feeling pretty thick not being able to figure this out.

Thanks heaps, Shaz

Accepted Solution (1)

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1548 187 276

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @ShazSJS

Thanks for reaching out in the Community today with your question! 

Awesome idea to quality check product and shipping times when it's a product you're not handling yourself. I usually recommend this to anybody that is considering doing dropshipping or print on demand for their business. 

Based on what you've described, it sounds like you have a couple products that don't seem to be obeying the shipping rates you've created. I just have a couple questions so we can gather some information and determine what some next steps look like: 

• Where did you set up this shipping rule? Is it in your Shipping Settings in your Shopify admin? I'm just looking to confirm this. 
  • Have you tested the checkout with some different products and they all seem to be ignoring the rule? 

There are a couple different things that could be happening here. It could be that the product your testing in your checkout belongs to a different shipping profile than the one that has the 'Free Shipping' rule set up. Do you have more than one shipping profile set up? 

Look into these questions if you can for me and then provide the answers in your next reply. Any screenshots you could provide as well would be helpful as they may reveal additional information we can use to determine the cause of the issue. 

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1548 187 276

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @ShazSJS

Thanks for reaching out in the Community today with your question! 

Awesome idea to quality check product and shipping times when it's a product you're not handling yourself. I usually recommend this to anybody that is considering doing dropshipping or print on demand for their business. 

Based on what you've described, it sounds like you have a couple products that don't seem to be obeying the shipping rates you've created. I just have a couple questions so we can gather some information and determine what some next steps look like: 

• Where did you set up this shipping rule? Is it in your Shipping Settings in your Shopify admin? I'm just looking to confirm this. 
  • Have you tested the checkout with some different products and they all seem to be ignoring the rule? 

There are a couple different things that could be happening here. It could be that the product your testing in your checkout belongs to a different shipping profile than the one that has the 'Free Shipping' rule set up. Do you have more than one shipping profile set up? 

Look into these questions if you can for me and then provide the answers in your next reply. Any screenshots you could provide as well would be helpful as they may reveal additional information we can use to determine the cause of the issue. 

ShazSJS
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi Imogen,

thanks heaps for your comprehensive response. 
Yes to all your suggestions: tried heaps: we have:
1) dropshipping
2) pack & send own products produced locally
3) products that require a conversation before shipping can take place.

The ONLY way I've found to resolve Shipping challenges is working WITH a Shopify expert in the "Request a Callback" option as our Shipping is so complex.

Then hahahahaha all is working well for a while, and then it's not. 
Two processes I'd previously set up have now disappeared so again I'm phoning up to get help with Shipping.

It's OK, Shopify is a bit like having an employee: 
consistent monitoring of processes and output being followed / some time off sick or not working properly / easier than doing everything by yourself in the long run as it's possible to grow!

So am persevering because it still makes good sense.
Still learning SO MUCH!

Stay awesome,
Sharee

P.S. if you have a great friend that surfs, show them our website as my man is a Mastercraftsman genius & we supply custom surfboards & products all over the world!
sjscustom.com.au
Cheers 🙂

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1548 187 276

Hey there, @ShazSJS. Long time no chat! I hope things are going well! 

I'm happy to hear that speaking with our Support Team has been able to help you manage shipping issues whenever you encounter time. With how complicated shipping can be sometimes, it's certainly helpful to have an Advisor go through the settings with you to make sure things are set up as needed! I'd continue to reach out to them whenever you encounter new issues, or even follow up with me here! 

Thanks for linking your store! I'll definitely share it with some of my friends that may be interested in surfing! I live Canada, not too close to the ocrean, but I do have a lot of friends on the East Coast that may be interested! 

I took some time to check out your store and I love the detailed information and explanations you provide on your homepage! I noticed, too, that you have a large amount of images that load at the bottom of your homepage. Something that stood out to me was how much scrolling I needed to do to view these images. 

I have a thought - have you looked into creating an image gallery? That way, you can take all of those loading images on the bottom of your homepage, and house them somwhere else! This keeps your homepage shorter, so it loads faster, and helps guide customers to the important information about your products. 

I have a few app suggestions here (they're free - with paid options for plans, if needed) that can help you build a gallery page for all of your amazing photos! 

• Instagram Feed + Photo Gallery - This is a well-reviewed app and can build galleries for your products without needed that instagram integration. 
  • XO Gallery - this app would allow you to build a smaller gallery of images, but it's paid options allow for larger ones! 

It was great connecting with you again! Feel free to follow up with me here with any additional questions you may have, or even if you're looking for some additional feedback on your shop!