Best POS for South Africa

Sheldon_Govende
1 0 0

I am currently trying to start a business and was wondering what POS device would be the most appropriate for me or if I ordered the shopify pos device would it work here in South Africa

Replies 4 (4)
Shopify_Craig
Shopify Staff (Retired)
332 0 26

Shopify POS does in fact work in South Africa. You will need to find a third-party to process credit cards (as Shopify Payments isn't available in South Africa yet).  If you have an iPad you can try out Shopify POS for free today.

Craig

Andy71
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

Hi Sheldon,

Where are you based? We are hosting a Shopify meetup in Joburg on Friday (28th February 2014) and another one in Cape Town next week Friday (7th March 2014) where we will be doing a demo of Shopify POS as well as discuss all the ins and out for using it in South Africa. It would be great if you could join us. If not, please contact us at uAfrica.com and we will gladly assist you where possible.

Andy

We are a South African partner for Shopify
Andy71
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

Hi Sheldon,

Where are you based? We are hosting a Shopify meetup in Joburg on Friday (28th February 2014) and another one in Cape Town next week Friday (7th March 2014) where we will be doing a demo of Shopify POS as well as discuss all the ins and out for using it in South Africa. It would be great if you could join us. If not, please contact us at uAfrica.com and we will gladly assist you where possible.

Andy

We are a South African partner for Shopify
bottleshopzm
1 0 0

Hey I have an online retail shop in Zambia, Africa with 3 Physical locations. I am interested in making Shopify the central place for inventory management and wondering what the limitations are?