Best way to contact Shopify Risk Operations?

Solved

Best way to contact Shopify Risk Operations?

thomas6ach
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm running a successful store, but with my margins being a bit thin, the 20% which Shopify is holding as reserved funds ends up leaving me in the negatives.

My store was considered high-risk on July 6, when I had around 170 orders. My products I sell are not high risk, they are not similar to other brands, and they are not "unsafe." Now I have around 450 orders with only 2 chargebacks requested, which haven't gone through.

That 20% racks up very fast as a lot of my money goes to advertising, leaving me with margins of around 15%, and do the math, I end up losing money over time.

In summary, I can't scale my business as I'm labeled as high-risk, I'm losing money when I should be making money, and I don't see how my store would be considered high-risk in the first place.

Accepted Solution (1)

Maz
Shopify Staff
1237 131 186

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @thomas6ach!

Thanks for your post here in the Shopify Community.

May I ask if you received an email about your store being considered as high risk? If so, I would suggest replying to said email for an update and for more information concerning your store.

As much as I would love to be able to look into this for you, we're not able to provide account specific support from here ourselves, so that is the best place to get an update on your issue.

You can also reach out via our help center here if you have already asked for an update and not yet had a response.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 9 (9)

Maz
Shopify Staff
1237 131 186

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @thomas6ach!

Thanks for your post here in the Shopify Community.

May I ask if you received an email about your store being considered as high risk? If so, I would suggest replying to said email for an update and for more information concerning your store.

As much as I would love to be able to look into this for you, we're not able to provide account specific support from here ourselves, so that is the best place to get an update on your issue.

You can also reach out via our help center here if you have already asked for an update and not yet had a response.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

ap786
Visitor
1 0 1

Hello @Maz 

I got here by googling risk operations shopify.com. My new Shopify store, which is still not set up, was blocked by Shopify's risk. I received an email from them on May 24 asking me to email them with some business-related content and utility bills, etc, for the last three months. I replied to the email and provided everything on the same day, May 24. Unfortunately, I have not heard back from them. In the last three days, I have replied to the same email, asking for an update or any reply if they need more information. Unfortunately, I have not received a reply, and it has been a harrowing and lousy experience so far. I have another Shopify store up and running, and with that, I have not experienced such bad service. I would like you to do something here for risk-operations @ Shopify to pay some attention to me. Thank you very much! 

Doun
Visitor
2 0 1

Same here! I have already sent multiple emails to the risk operations team and I haven't received a response for almost two weeks. It's really frustrating.

rygee
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

The same is happening to me – it's ridiculous at this point.

cybern
Visitor
2 0 0

Have you recieved an email yet? same thing is happening to me

Doun
Visitor
2 0 1

Yes, after many emails and contact with support, I finally received a response with:

Hello,

This email is to inform you that after reviewing the information provided to us, we have reinstated your account.

Bella060
Visitor
1 0 0

you‘re lucky, no response to me

cybern
Visitor
2 0 0

how long did it take?

thomas-huhuhu
Visitor
1 0 0

one month or more than that