Why is Shopify billing higher than my expected monthly plan?

JuicyLust
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi, I am having problems with the billing process of the payments Shopify keeps taking out of my bank.I thought my monthly plan total was $9.00 each month but now as I look at the there payments its saying $20.00 and $29.00 as of right now and I am confused. I most likely want that money back because I don't understand why they are taking that much money out without letting me know whats that money being put forward too. I also do want a refund for the $20.00 and the $29.00 that been taken out of my bank because I think this is fraud. 

Replies 3 (3)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@JuicyLust 

Thank you for bringing this up. Any charges related to your account will be documented in Settings/Billing under the invoices section. Here you'll find invoices that outline the charges you've seen and what they are for. 

There are two plan types that are $9/month.

• The Shopify Lite plan, which wouldn't include a website. If you see the "online store" store sales channel in your admin, then you would not be subscribed to the Shopify Lite plan.
  • The "Pause and Build" plan. The Pause and Build plan disables your checkout while keeping your store and admin live. It's important to note that this plan is only available after 60 recurring days of an active Shopify subscription. If your store is new, then this plan would not apply to you. 

If you were subscribed to the "Lite" plan previously, then added the "Online Store" sales channel, then that would have been a change that is approved by the account owner as it required a billing change. If you do not require a website, then you can remove the "Online Store" sales channel in Settings/Sales Channels. You will be put through billing prompts to confirm the downgrade and a prorated credit will be applied to the account. 

Could you tell me the following?

• What plan do you see in your invoices?
  • Are you needing a website?

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

JuicyLust
Visitor
2 0 0
I see basic Shopify
Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@JuicyLust 

Thank you for confirming. That would indicate that the account was upgraded from the Lite plan to the Basic plan which would have resulted in the $20 charge to make up for the difference in the first billing cycle than the second charge for $29 for the new billing cycle. If you do not need a website from Shopify, then removing the online store sales channel by following the steps above will downgrade your account to the Lite plan. 

Once downgraded, your account will receive a prorated credit which will be applied to future invoices. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog