Calculating Canada Post shipping rates by weight only (not product dimensions)

jbosma
Visitor
2 0 0

I'm helping a client set up a Shopify store. They have about 100 SKUs. All items are virtually identical, but they vary in size and weight. All weights have been included in the product upload.
We'd like Shopify/CanadaPost to automatically calculate shipping across Canada using weight alone (and not product dimensions), since many customers will be ordering multiple units, packaging sizes will not be standard. Is this possible?

Replies 2 (2)

saivismitha
Shopify Partner
138 7 32

Hello,

As you may know, Shopify only allows you to set up a default box and it doesn’t work for merchants having products with different sizes.

So, if you want to handle this directly in Shopify, you will need to manually select the box based on the order.

For automating the process, I would suggest you try the Multi-carrier shipping label app, which helps you set up different packages for your products based on the weight and (/or) dimensions.

So, whenever your customer places an order, the app automatically chooses the right box and calculates the rates accordingly. Also, with the app, you can print labels, and also automate the tracking process.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
jbosma
Visitor
2 0 0

So, to back up to my initial question, are there any carrier options that calculate shipping costs by weight only?