Can i get Shop Pay without SSN?

PrethishKumar
1 0 0

Hey, I own a ecom store and I own an LLC registered in the USA. I am not a resident of the USA.

Thus, I won't be able to provide an SSN. I can provide other documents such as Passport if needed. Let me know how we can sort this out as I like to have shop pay on my store.

i don't see any live chat support, Which would have been awesome and got this solved in mins.

Reply 1 (1)
Hilary
Community Moderator
537 78 102

Hi, @PrethishKumar

Welcome to the Shopify Community. Happy to provide some information here for you.

A SSN is a requirement for using Shopify Payments and Shop Pay in the United States. Unfortunately, without an SSN, you won't be eligible to use Shopify Payments or Shop Pay for a business based out of the United States. This is as per our US Shopify Payments Terms of Service, and there is no way to bypass this step. 

Wish there was more we could do here! Have you already looked into third party payment providers for your store?

As for reaching our live chat support, I'd be happy to pass on the steps for next time. To reach out to our Support team, follow the link to our Contact page, login to your store, search for the issue you need help with, for example "Shop Pay requirements" then look for the option to Continue to get support. From there, you'll be able to speak with our team via live chat, email or callback request.

Let me know if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to help. 

Hilary | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog