Can I use a custom domain instead of the default for my payment methods?

Ampilio
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello, 
When I log into admin, our shopify store is still called randomnumbers.myshopify.com. I have created new, nicer domains that it redirects to and works nicely but when I want to choose an external payment method (viva wallet) an have to use randomnumbers.myshopify.com - I want to direct to one of the other domains as they are more logical.
Is it possible to remove randomnumbers.myshopify.com so we can use either our real domain or name.myshopify.com when logging into our shop?

Ampilio_0-1688043817864.png

Replies 2 (2)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2909 453 592

Hi @Ampilio 

Great question! Yes, you can change your unique myshopify URL to something easier to remember/use. It is important to note that the original one provided to you is your store's unique identifier on the platform and changing the myshopify URL does not change that. You may be required to confirm that original URL for verification purposes so you will want to ensure you have it safely written down somewhere. 

You can find the steps to change this URL in our Help Center here: Adding business settings for your store · Shopify Help Center.

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Domains.

2. On the Domains page, click Change to a new myshopify.com domain next to your default domain name.

3. Enter a new name, and then click Add domain.

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Ampilio
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Shay, thanks for your respond. Hmm, ok so I can't change the unique storage name/id? I think that is what I really wanted. When I registered the shop the text said (if I remember right) I could change that later... but I guess I should have done it directly and now we are stuck with it(?). The unique name is not something we plan to use against customers,  just internally. Our customers just see our domain name that I have redirected to.