Can I use my company and my sister's passport to get shopify payments?

RugsX
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello 

Can I use my company details and use my sister's passport to get shopify payments?

Cause I don't have a passport yet and I can't obtain it right now I still have to wait for some red tapes that will take me around 3 months?

Thanks in advance for your help 

Have a very nice day 

Cheers 

Reply 1 (1)

Victoria
Shopify Staff
2090 147 247

Hi, @RugsX.

Welcome to the Shopify Community and thanks for sharing your question here.

You mentioned that at this time, you do not have a passport and are inquiring whether you can upload a family member's passport for Shopify Payments.

Your identity, address, and proof of legal entity document uploads must be reviewed and matched successfully to the information on your Shopify Payments account before your business can be fully verified. Therefore, you'll need to submit identity documents that match the information you used when signing up for Shopify Payments. We have more information on the process shared in our Setting up Shopify Payments resource.

Could you let us know where you're located? The reason I ask is which documents we can accept varies by Shopify Payments region. If you're unable to provide a passport at this time, I can suggest additional personal identity documents that can be submitted for verification. When submitting this information, we encourage you to use the secure upload banner within your Shopify admin. 

I look forward to hearing back and learning more about your online business and goals!

Victoria | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog