I have some items that I need to ship that are not on my Shopify store. Can I print a shipping label from my Shopify store to ship the item? The discount through Shopify is greater than if I just went into the UPS or USPS to pay for it. If I can do this can you tell me how?
You would need to have an order in your Shopify store from which to create a shipping label. You could create a draft order with the customer information, and enter the item(s) as custom item(s), then mark it as paid. Once that is done you will be able to create a shipping label as with any other order. Just keep in mind that the information from any order created this way will flow into your Shopify store's metrics (sales, etc.) going forward.
Alternately, you can use other discount shipping platforms such as Stamps.com, Pirateship.com, ShipStation, EasyShip, Shippo, etc. for shipping orders that are not from Shopify. Some of these have no subscription or per-label fee, some have subscription fees, and some just have per-label fees, and the USPS/UPS rates are mostly comparable to those in Shopify Shipping.
To get a real-time live rate for the product to ship, the product weight and package dimensions and shipping destination are the main criteria.
After choosing the suitable shipping method based on shipping cost, then only Shopify generates shipping labels.
You will get more discounts from Shopify compared to the carrier-specific website because the carrier account is connected to the Shopify account.
So, generally, the percentage of discount rates is high.
If you use Shopify Shipping, then you can buy shipping labels when you're fulfilling an order in Shopify.
You can set up the Shopify account for Shopify shipping, like the following.
- Head over to the Orders section, on the Shopify admin page.
- Click an order that contains unfulfilled items.
- In the Unfulfilled section, click Create shipping label.
- In the Items section, confirm the number of items that you want to include in this fulfillment. If you want to ship the customer's order using more than one fulfillment, then change the quantity of each item that you don't want to ship in this fulfillment. You can buy an additional shipping label for each fulfillment that's required to complete the entire order.
- Select a package from the Package drop-down menu, and then enter the weight of your shipment in the Total weight textbox.
If you want to add a new package type, then click Add package. In the Add, a package dialog, enter the information about your new package type, and then click Add package.
- Select a shipping method in the Shipping Service section.
- If you're using Shopify Shipping with (UPS, USPS)then you need to accept the Shopify Shipping UPS/USPS Terms.
- Review your shipping details in the Summary section, and then click Buy shipping label.