Solved

Can I Use Stripe Instead of Shopify Payments?

Ivana48
4 0 0

My shop is based in the US so I have the option to use Shopify Payments. However, since I’m not a US resident I don’t think I’ll be able to use Shopify Payments at all (even though I have an LLC and everything). Then, can I use Stripe? If I can, why is it not showing when I go to “Additional Payment Methods”? Will deactivating Shopify payments open up Stripe for me?

Accepted Solution (1)

Charles7995
Visitor
1 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

@Ivana48 RTasks wrote:

My shop is based in the US so I have the option to use Shopify Payments. However, since I’m not a US resident I don’t think I’ll be able to use Shopify Payments at all (even though I have an LLC and everything). Then, can I use Stripe? If I can, why is it not showing when I go to “Additional Payment Methods”? Will deactivating Shopify payments open up Stripe for me?

It seems that you are trying to use Stripe as a payment gateway for your Shopify store, but you are not sure if you can do that and how to set it up. Here are some possible answers and solutions to your question:

• You can use Stripe as a payment gateway for your Shopify store, as long as Stripe is available in your country and supports your currency. You can check the list of supported countries and currencies on Stripe’s website.
  • You may not see Stripe as an option in the “Additional Payment Methods” section, because Shopify Payments is powered by Stripe, and they are essentially the same service. If you activate Shopify Payments, you are automatically using Stripe as your payment processor.
  • If you deactivate Shopify Payments, you may be able to use Stripe as a third-party payment provider, but you will need to pay additional transaction fees to Shopify, on top of the fees charged by Stripe. You will also need to create a Stripe account and connect it to your Shopify store.
  • To connect your Stripe account, go to your Shopify store’s admin panel and click on the Payment Providers link. At the top of the page, you’ll find a list of payment methods. The Create Custom Payment Method option can be found in the Manual Payments tab. In Third-party payment providers, search “Stripe”, and then click on it. Enter your Stripe account credentials and follow the instructions to complete the setup.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Charles7995
Visitor
1 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

@Ivana48 RTasks wrote:

It seems that you are trying to use Stripe as a payment gateway for your Shopify store, but you are not sure if you can do that and how to set it up. Here are some possible answers and solutions to your question:

• You can use Stripe as a payment gateway for your Shopify store, as long as Stripe is available in your country and supports your currency. You can check the list of supported countries and currencies on Stripe’s website.
  • You may not see Stripe as an option in the “Additional Payment Methods” section, because Shopify Payments is powered by Stripe, and they are essentially the same service. If you activate Shopify Payments, you are automatically using Stripe as your payment processor.
  • If you deactivate Shopify Payments, you may be able to use Stripe as a third-party payment provider, but you will need to pay additional transaction fees to Shopify, on top of the fees charged by Stripe. You will also need to create a Stripe account and connect it to your Shopify store.
  • To connect your Stripe account, go to your Shopify store’s admin panel and click on the Payment Providers link. At the top of the page, you’ll find a list of payment methods. The Create Custom Payment Method option can be found in the Manual Payments tab. In Third-party payment providers, search “Stripe”, and then click on it. Enter your Stripe account credentials and follow the instructions to complete the setup.
Ivana48
4 0 0

Thank you very much! This is what I’ve been looking for.