Can only see Paypal as payment option

Filio
Visitor
2 0 2

Hello. I am new to the online shopping world... 🙂

I have set up a Shopify shop (not activated yet) and also just set up a stripe account as well as Paypal account. These are the two payment options I have and want to use However, at checkout, the only option that I get is Paypal. Nothing else shows, even though it says "more payment options' and even though at the bottom of my page it shows all other payment methods.

Please HELP 🙂 as I am unable to find why this is happening.

Thank you in advance,

Kind Regards,

Filio

Replies 21 (21)

Brie
Shopify Staff
571 48 113

Hey, @Filio

The customer won't be shown the credit card option until the very last stage of the checkout. They'll be shown PayPal first because it's meant to be an express checkout option. Are you not seeing the credit card option even at the very last step of checkout? If so, please share your store link and I can take a peak. Cheers! 

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Filio
Visitor
2 0 2
Hello & Thank you for the response. It turns out that it works :). I was
misreading 😛 the page.
Thank you for your support.
Best
Filio
Brie
Shopify Staff
571 48 113

@Filio -

Any time! 

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify 

Glfixtures
Tourist
3 0 3

Hello, we'd like to follow up on this thread by asking Shopify if there is a possibility to showcase other payment methods other than Paypal during check-out.

We understand that other accepted payment methods will be shown on the proceeding screen. However, we have found a large number of abandoned cart issues at this particular moment within the purchasing process - which we believe may be due to the perception of only accepting the Paypal payment method.

While we have noted on our site and product pages that we accept other payment processes like Credit/Debit/Visa/Mastercard/Discover/and Amex, the checkout screen does not initially reflect this payment method flexibility/availability.

While we understand it is Shopify's intention to showcase express payment/checkout method through Paypal - we would like our customers to view our other payment accepting methods as well without having to proceed to the next page to discover this.

Please see the attachment below which showcases the issue.

Checkout Screen - Express Option Only Shown - Redacted Personal Information.JPG

Is there some way we can alter this to resolve the issue, either through coding or theme adaption? We would appreciate any and all help regarding this issue.

Glfixtures
Tourist
3 0 3

To continue our inquiry...

We found through our account permissions we may be able to alter the payment accepting methods we have through Third-Party or Alternative Payment Providers as shown below:MicrosoftTeams-image (30).png

MicrosoftTeams-image (31).png

However, we do not see direct providers such as Discover, Amex, Mastercard, and Visa as stand-alone payment providers. We fear customers that are not familiar with these Third-Party/Alternative Providers may not feel comfortable continuing their checkout process which results in a loss of sale for us.

Is there some way we can display major Credit/Debit card providers such as Discover, Amex, Mastercard, and Visa within our checkout page alongside the Paypal payment option (without having the user go through Paypal to use their cred/debit cards)?

Thank you

Hairaway9
Visitor
2 0 2

Hi G, 

Any luck finding solution for this problem. IN the same boat as you are. 

Glfixtures
Tourist
3 0 3

Hello All,

To everyone still looking for a solution to payment displays on Shopify/Shopify Stores, we were able to add additional options by going to our Account Settings on the Shopify back-end.

Under Setting go to Payments. From this page, you should be able to manage payment methods. We were able to display major card providers, ShopPay, Paypal, Apple Pay, and Google Pay.

payment.JPG

 Hope this helps.

Autumncottage
Visitor
1 0 0

Exactly this. Did you ever resolve or find a way to fix this? If it looks like I only accept PayPal to me, it looks like that to my customers, and they aren’t going to stick around trying to figure out a solution.

IAIOS
Visitor
1 0 0

Same problem here. Some clients contacted me to ask how to make a payment if they have no Paypal ..

Emily
Shopify Staff
1299 101 187

Hey, @IAIOS.

Thank you for reaching out! 

Have you tried to add a different payment gateway? Depending on where you are located, Shopify Payments is an excellent payment method to offer your customers. I recommend checking the Shopify Payments requirements first to ensure you meet all the requirements. If you cannot use Shopify Payments, I recommend looking into the third-party payment gateways we offer. To add a payment gateway to your store, you must go to your Settings > Payments in your admin. Here, you will be able to either set up Shopify Payments or set up an alternative payment method.

Please let me know if you have any further questions! I would love to learn more about your business. What type of products do you sell? 

Talk soon,

Emily | Social Care @ Shopify 

sebnie
Excursionist
12 0 4

I have the same problem the only payment option is paypal. Ive searched so much and many people have this problem every time we get the same answer to set up shopify payment in settings but I did that already there is no more option to complete shopify paymants because I did that already but it still doesnt work no one has this problem fixed and please help for real this time

sebnie
Excursionist
12 0 4

I have this problem as well did anyone find a way to resolve the issue.

please help!

LucasJacobsen
Visitor
1 0 0

Did anyone ever find a way to solve this, i have activated the Shopify Payments and it doesnt show up when buying from my store, altough at the bottom of the store i have the icons that indicates that you can buy with creditcard, apple pay and so on. is there something i have missed when activating the payment method or is it just a shopify problem?

GeneralAirsoft
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, I'm having the exact same issue after I "upgraded" to one page check out All I see is paypal even though others are selected. Please Help

Hairaway9
Visitor
2 0 2

Hi Brie, 

Why can't I see the other options as Visa or Apple pay in my store. It is only showing Paypal so far. I have attached an image for reference. Please help

Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 6.05.47 PM.png  

Bryan091
Visitor
2 0 0

I need help

Hello 

I'm really happy to message the top contribution in this platform and with no doubt thar I believe that you are gonna help me solve my problem 

My paypal credit card payment option has stopped working, what should I do??

merriheart1
Tourist
4 0 1

I think it is a brilliant idea that PayPal is offered first because that means $0 transaction fees for store owners!

shoplegacy
Visitor
2 0 0
shoplegacy
Visitor
2 0 0

i have been setting up my store but my customers sees only paypal and venmo as payment methods i need help to fix that problem please reach me out Thank you

Maddox_M
Visitor
1 0 0

My store has the same problem, I was wondering why it says more payment options and then only lists PayPal 

Chris1124
Visitor
1 0 0