Can't find stripe in the list of payment providers

Can't find stripe in the list of payment providers

yrisob
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Hi, we make the shop which should work in the US. We have already had the stripe account. But we can't find the stripe in the list of payment providers. 

How could we add the stripe provider? We chose the stripe provider because it gives us the opportunity to save customer credit card info and use that for next purchase.

Replies 4 (4)

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @yrisob

Thanks for bringing this to our attention in our Community forums. That’s a great question! I’d be happy to provide you with some clarity on that. 

In the United States, Shopify Payments is the premier gateway to use on our platform which is powered by Stripe. Because of this, you will not see Stripe as a payment processing option. Because this is our in house gateway, there are a host of benefits that would come along with using Shopify Payments, such as: 

1. No transaction fees
  2. Shop Pay 
  3. In house support
  4. Financial reports
  5. Detailed payout information
  6. Automated chargeback handling

For more information on Shopify Payments, check out our FAQ here. I can completely understand why having your customer's information stored at checkout would be important to you. When you use Shopify Payments, you can also enable Shopify Pay, an accelerated checkout option for checkout. Without using Shopify Pay or Payments, the checkout can still save the customer information but it doesn't incorporate the accelerated checkout aspect which Shopify Pay offers. This option would give your customers the option to ''save this information for next time" when completing their purchase. For more information, check out our help document: Checkout Experience for Customers using Shop Pay

Please let me know what you think and if you have any questions about that. In the meantime, I'd love to hear more about your new business. What type of products do you sell?

Talk soon, 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

yrisob
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

@Luna , thank you for your answer.

But after reading the documentation we see that Shop pay gives us another scenario of usage. We want to minimize the count of the actions of our customers and prepare a very convenient mechanism of making purchases in our shop. But in "shop pay", which you recommended, customer should make extra action in first purchase (In our experience only a few percents of our customers will do that). Is an opportunity to integrate Stripe as a payment system (I saw some tricks like a changing country at the shop profile and something like that)?

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @yrisob.

Thanks for getting back to me with that additional context. Although I cannot make any guarantees, you can request to use Stripe rather than Shopify Payments and it will be processed for review.

Because you have a business-based reason for using Stripe, please reach out to our support team and we can go from there. Please visit our Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request through live chat, email, or callback. Once you have logged in to your account, type your request in 'Ask about a topic', scroll down to 'Get Support', and then click 'Continue.

Let me know if you have any additional questions, I'm more than happy to help. All the best to you! 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

transformcapita
Visitor
1 0 0

I am in the same exact boat.  Would you please share if/how you got this resolved @yrisob ? Did you choose another e-commerce platform? I'm currently looking into that option. @Luna