New Shopify Certification now available: Liquid Storefronts for Theme Developers

Can't get paypal to show up at checkout

dabashar
Tourist
10 1 0

The paypal express checkout button isn't popping up on my website: dubuystore.com

i tried several fixes like deactivating and reactivating and it isn't working. What i want essentialy is just to have any way for the user to pay using paypal on my checkout page. The theme i'm using is the Simple theme

Replies 3 (3)
Imogen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1292 142 233

Hey there, @dabashar. Thanks for taking the time to reach out to the Shopify Community with your gateway situation! I'm happy to help you troubleshoot this problem.

Thanks for letting me know that you've already gone ahead and reactivated the gateway. I visited your store and was able to replicate this issue. This leads me to believe that this may be an issue with your theme. We can test this by doing the following:

• Use this link to download a fresh copy of the free 'Dawn' theme to your store
  • Load this theme up, and navigate to your checkout to see if the express option appears

Please follow up with me here to let me know how things appear with a different theme. I'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

dabashar
Tourist
10 1 0

I tried using the Dawn theme as you suggested and PayPal still didn't work

Imogen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1292 142 233

Hey again, @dabashar. Thank you for following up on our thread!

Since the issue is persisting with a new theme, this suggests that it's a store issue, and not something theme code related. As such, we'll want to get you in touch with our Authenticated Support Team so they can help with troubleshooting your issue, and get your PayPal option appearing. You can use this link to access our new Help Center. From there, you can chat with our AI Assistant to get connected with one of our Authenticated Advisors. Please, let me know if you run into any issues with this step!

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog