Can the same product be in different shipping zones?

ashleymiller
Visitor
2 0 4

We have five products that we plan to ship nationwide.

For select states that can do 1-2 day Ground Shipping, we plan to charge a flat rate. For the rest of the states, we want to charge a UPS rate (more expensive).

Is it possible to have our five products ship to all states, but charge the UPS shipping for the states outside of our Ground Shipping Flat Rate area?

I tried to set this up in the Shipping Zones section, but when I try to place a test order, it will not let me place an order to the states in the UPS zone.

Replies 10 (10)

PeaceOfMineCo
Excursionist
14 0 4

Hi. Did you ever figure this out? When I added a different shipping zone, the products switched over to that zone but now aren't showing in the zone I'd already set up. How do I ship all of products to different zones?

HolyGrailGames
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi,

I have the same problem, if I create a new shipping zone and add a product, it disappears from the others. Did you find a solution?

Anindita
Shopify Partner
675 34 95

Hi @HolyGrailGames,

I think this can be solved if you set shipping profiles. You can take a look at this guide: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/shipping/setting-up-and-managing-your-shipping/shipping-profiles

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
HolyGrailGames
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello,

and thanks for the reply. The concern is that by using shipping zones, I cannot assign the same product to 2 zones. So unless I'm mistaken, I have to duplicate all the products, distribute them on a stock each time and only then assign a product to zone 1 and its twin to zone 2.

But all products, whether in zone 1 or zone 2, will be visible to all customers who have another concern. So I need to deploy a system that masks based on IP. All this is very heavy in terms of management.

Why can't we put the same product in 2 shipping zones?

anadbrandandao
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi! Did you end up finding a solution for this? The same thing is happening to me, every time I assign a new shipping zone, the product disappears from the previous one... Thank you! 

lisaflkc
Tourist
3 0 0

Me too!  But a year later, so I am worried if there is not a solution yet...

lisaflkc
Tourist
3 0 0

I have a usa zone which is working wonderfully and then i added some international markets, and set up zones, and then added products to them.  Then I found out the next day all sales had stopped because when you add products to another zone, they are taken out of all other zones!!!!  Why can't I have the same product in different zones- this would seem to be the reason zones exist- to find different ways to send the same product to different areas....

DaniR
Visitor
2 0 1

I know your post is old. But I have the same problem and it's getting really annoying. Did you ever figure it out? 

PeaceOfMineCo
Excursionist
14 0 4
I was specifically wanting to ship from a US provider within the US, and a Canadian provider when orders were from Canada. At this point, unless you have two different websites, this is what you have to do: Using my example; you would post a product from your chosen US print provider, and if someone ordered from Canada you would change the provider manually in Printify. This means that the Canadian provider you want to use needs to have the exact same product as the US one (colour, size, etc.)

You would probably already have the Canadian version designed in Printify. If not, you would do that before the next step.

Once they order, you open their order in Printify and edit the order to change the print provider to your Canadian choice. (I think) I had to Add the new choice to the order and then delete the old US one on the order.

Doing this means you need to make sure orders don’t go through immediately. I set mine to go to production 24 hours after they place their order. But then as soon as I do the manual swap I submit it. I don’t get enough orders to make this a problem (unfortunately! 😉 But once you’re making lots of money you can afford to have a US site and a separate Cdn one that uses their own country’s print providers.

Does this at all answer your question? I know it’s a convoluted process. This is the method I was told through chat support.

Any questions, reach me through my site PeaceofMineStore.com. Maybe someday I’ll be too busy to answer - but not yet. 🙂
PeaceOfMineCo
Excursionist
14 0 4

OOPS. This was an answer to a different topic. Sorry.