Can You Add or Change the Name of Payment Options?

reyrr
Excursionist
38 0 10

Inquiring if it is feasible to add a name above the payment option or modify the name of the payment option itself. For instance, changing "Klarna - Flexible Payments" to "Klarna & Swish" as an example, or adding a label above it such as "For Swish, use Klarna - Flexible Payments" (image attached).

reyrr_1-1682362464454.png

Replies 3 (3)

Erin
Shopify Staff
969 127 153

Hi, @reyrr. I'm happy to help you out with this! Have you found that customers are having trouble knowing which payment method to use?

It wouldn't be possible to change the name of payment methods or add additional labels to this section since that would be editing the checkout. The Shopify checkout can't be edited beyond the customizations explained here and the settings found in Settings > Checkout. The reason the checkout has limited customization is for security, responsiveness, and to maintain PCI compliance. That being said, there may be some other options to let customers know this information.

For example, you could add this information to other parts of your online store, like on a FAQ page, or to your cart page right before customers get to the checkout. You could also customize the wording of some text that exists in your checkout already. Your options for doing that would depend on the content listed in your theme's language editor. To get there go to Online store > Themes > ... > Edit default theme content. From here, you'll want to review the content in the Checkout & system tab. If there's any text you want to customize, you can do so by entering the new text you want to see, in the box directly under the wording you want to change. You can find more information on changing the wording in themes using your language editor here.

Please let me know if you have any questions! I'm happy to look into this with you further.

Erin | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

MiraPatil
Excursionist
79 0 5

Hello @reyrr 

Of course, it is possible by APP on Shopify. 

Please look out this app: https://apps.shopify.com/payfy-conditional-payments

It has option to rename payment method, see below screenshot.

Please create a customization for rename:

MiraPatil_1-1682423592715.png

MiraPatil_0-1682423473686.png

You can also re-order/rearrange payment methods and conditionally hide payment methods as well.

DarianBia
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

Hello @reyrr with the new release of Shopify Functions you can customize the name of your payment and shipping methods. Some apps on the app store can do this like checkout plus https://apps.shopify.com/checkoutplus

Screen Shot 2023-12-10 at 11.06.22 PM.png
Here is an example of the 'Bank Deposit' adding a message but you can change it entirely:
Screen Shot 2023-12-10 at 11.06.38 PM.png

Creator of Checkout Plus - A Shopify App that allows merchants to customize their Checkout
To learn more visit Checkout Plus