Can you dropship And keep stock in Shopify? How do you set up a dropship order? Do I need an app?

Can you dropship And keep stock in Shopify? How do you set up a dropship order? Do I need an app?

Kyle_
Visitor
1 0 0

Good Afternoon,

One of the companies that we are using as a vendor offers dropshipping as an option. Which would be ideal for the type of business that we are putting together on behalf of another company we work for. How do I set up a dropship? In the traditional manufacturing software I am using it is easy, but I do not understand how I complete this here. Do I absolutely have to use an app in order to dropship? 

Reply 1 (1)

guest4
Shopify Partner
90 6 24

Howdy Kyle, you need to get familiar with "fulfillment" and "fulfillment orders" on Shopify: 

Shopify considers your dropshipper a "fulfillment service". If the fulfillment service can accept fulfillment orders via email, then you may be able to do this without another app. See:

If they can't accept orders via email, then you may be able to find a 3rd party app that works with them. Or you could develop it yourself.