Canada Post "This service does not support the envelope package type"

MotherByNature
Tourist
4 0 10

I'm brand new here and trying to do my very first shipment. My products are small and light and fit in manila envelopes. But when I try to go through the shipping, it says "Canada Post:  This service does not support the envelope package type" 

But the "supported package types" information I found says large, flat envelopes are supported. Letter size is not. But this isn't letter size. 

I honestly have no idea if I'm doing something wrong, or if Canada Post actually doesn't let me do automatic shipping labels like this for manila envelopes. 

Any help for a Newbie?

Replies 18 (18)
MotherByNature
Tourist
4 0 10

Further info: It works fine if I use the "padded mailer" or a "box" option. But it won't let me use any size envelope at all. I can't fathom why it wouldn't let us use envelopes for shipping??

jasi
1 0 2

Hello, 

I am having the exact same issue and I am wondering if you by any chance solved this issue or if you found a way around it?

Thank you 

mariamhoda
1 0 1

Did you happen to solve it?

pagexrage
Excursionist
12 0 4

Shopify  many of us are having the same issue - is there a reason envelopes are not supported with the Canada Post integration, and is there an app that has this feature?

Getsomegarden
1 0 1

I am also having the same error message!

My other carrier is UPS but at 12$ to ship a 40grs envelope locally , i just cannot do that.

I have contacted Canada post who told me to contact Shopify support and Shopify support tells me to contact Canada post.

I also use Shipstation and there as well I'm getting an error message when trying to ship with Canada post. This is getting ridiculous!!!

geniefied
1 0 0

In that case I would use Canada Post website directly to process the order manually in the meantime.

bodegoods
1 0 1

Having the same problem!! please let me know if anyone finds an update!

pagexrage
Excursionist
12 0 4

same! we're going to have to spend so much time every week just to making shipping labels, which we specifically signed up to a service to avoid - this is ridiculous!

pagexrage
Excursionist
12 0 4

Lets keep this thread active until we get a real response! 😄 

Cory9
Tourist
3 0 2
MLACA
1 0 1

Ugh it would be an AWESOME day to have this not happen anymore! I hope something can be done 

kca2
2 0 2
Gariep
Excursionist
25 0 6
AthenaS
1 0 0

I am having the same issue. Did anyone find out how to fix this?

Bypoppsi
1 0 0

Same issue here!  I am shipping something incredibly light, only 0.6 oz and the only reason I am shipping using this integration is because I want to provide the customer with tracking rather than with letter mail and no tracking.

Does anyone have any info on this yet?

LovelyAda
1 0 0

I've discovered the reason why the envelope option is not available for shipping with Canada Post via Shopify:

"Envelopes are not supported with Canada Post through Shopify." You can see for yourself here, under the headings Supported package types and EnvelopePackages and shipment weights · Shopify Help Center

Our Shopify store sells books and booklets, some being small and light enough to ship as regular letter mail. The cost to ship these items locally via Shopify with Canada Post is $11.50 + tax, which is pretty much the same as the price of posting regular letter mail locally with a tracking number (i.e. registered mail). It seems that Shopify needs to provide a tracking number for every shipment, and the rigid way the platform is currently set up enables that.

HFXVinyl
3 0 0

Adding my name to this list. We'd love to be able to ship some of our products via padded envelope, etc.