Canada Post, Shipping to EU countries, IOSS and VAT requirements

AndreaM1
2 0 1

I am trying to figure out how to use an IOSS service to enable my EU customers to pay their VAT within my checkout, and not get hit with customs/duty/carrier fees upon delivery. I have looked into Crossborderit, Taxamo, and Zonos. I've called Canada Post directly, though, and they say they do not work with the IOSS/VAT requirements- there is no option here, and no plans to develop one. To my understanding, this means that the only way we can ship to EU with Canada Post will require the customer to pay the duty and all other "unknown" carrier fees themselves upon delivery.

Canadians- have you found a solution to shipping to the EU without your customers being hit with multiple charges? I've heard of customers ordering a $17 item, paying the VAT upon delivery PLUS a carrier fee of $60+... which would be an awful customer experience, not to mention a huge risk of parcel-refusal and return.

Reply 1 (1)
ShipAntdotcom
Pathfinder
168 6 15

Maybe you can find a local EU agency IOSS for the VAT, however, the EU customs check ioss more strictly than last month, which means the ioss should match your product categories, if you have good sales in EU countries, you'd better to register one.

In another side, along with the VAT rule being execurated more and more strict, the people in EU countries who used to order online also know for the tax and VAT, if you cannot rent one IOSS then you may also need to state the ioss policy and ship via Canada post service as it is DDU instead of DDP.

ShipAnt.com - Chinese dropshipping agent - reliable sourcing agent