cancelled order on shopify payments credit back???

edspad
1 0 0

customer wanted me to cancel order, it was not fufilled, and status now shows as cancelled, refunded, and unfulfilled.- This is good i think, however....

Customer is expecting a refund on their credit card and has not show yet.

Timeline says the amount of sale was deducted.

Hoping just takes a couple days for their bank/card to see it????

Reply 1 (1)
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
480 68 136

Hi, @edspad!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for reaching out to confirm the refund timeframe. A refund timeframe would depend on a number of factors including which payment provider you are using, as well as the customers' bank processing times. Generally, we would advise allowing 10 days for a refund to appear on your customers' statement.

If they don't see a refund amount, it is possible the original payment hadn't cleared. If this is the case, the transaction would be cancelled and would not show on the statement at all. This means they would no longer see the payment they made, and a refund would also not appear as no money would have been taken.

If you're using Shopify Payments and you issue a refund, then the amount is deducted from your next available payout. If you're using Shopify Payments and your payout doesn't have enough funds for a return, then there are different outcomes depending on where you are located. For stores located in:

• Austria, Denmark, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom, the remainder of the refund is deducted from the next payout until the refunded amount is covered.
  • United States, Canada, and Australia, the balance is debited from your bank account on the day of the payout.

For more information on the refund process, check out this guide. If you're not using Shopify Payments, please refer to your payment processor for information on refund timeframes. Thanks!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog