Received my card reader from Shopify (thinking it would be easy and simple to have everything integrated in one place) About to open a shop next week, and can’t even get the card reader to connect to my Shopify POS app on my iPhone. Haven’t even made it past the initial set up phase, keeps saying ‘BT Disconnected’
does anyone know how to fix this??
If you're experiencing trouble connecting your Shopify card reader to the Shopify POS app on your iPhone and it shows a "BT Disconnected" error, here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:
1. Ensure that your card reader is fully charged: Make sure your card reader has enough battery power to establish a Bluetooth connection. Charge it using the provided cable if needed.
2. Check your iPhone's Bluetooth settings: Go to your iPhone's settings and navigate to the Bluetooth section. Make sure Bluetooth is enabled. If it's already enabled, try toggling it off and on again to refresh the connection.
3. Restart your iPhone and the card reader: Sometimes, restarting your devices can help resolve connectivity issues. Power off your iPhone and turn it back on. Additionally, power off the card reader by holding down the power button, then turn it on again.
4. Forget and re-pair the card reader: In your iPhone's Bluetooth settings, find the entry for the card reader and tap on the (i) icon next to it. Choose the option to "Forget This Device" or "Disconnect". Afterward, follow the instructions provided by the card reader to put it into pairing mode and reconnect it to your iPhone.
5. Update the Shopify POS app: Ensure that you have the latest version of the Shopify POS app installed on your iPhone. Go to the App Store and check for any available updates.
6. Contact Shopify Support: If you've tried the above steps and are still unable to connect the card reader, it's recommended to reach out to Shopify Support for further assistance. They have dedicated experts who can help troubleshoot and resolve specific issues related to your setup.
When contacting Shopify Support, make sure to provide them with detailed information about the steps you've taken and any error messages you're encountering. This will help them understand the problem and provide you with the appropriate solution.
Remember to keep your card reader and iPhone close to each other during the setup process to ensure a strong Bluetooth connection.
I have the same issue. And yes the above solutions work but thats not the issue. The issue is that it keeps disconnecting. And everytime a customer wants to pay I have to go through the above steps. I think this is a reason not to buy and use the shopify card reader and the mpop drawer. Rather use a non bluetooth solution.
Would love a hardwired option. Have been using Shopify POS for months and have 4 card readers trying to solve the issue of them disconnecting with no luck. They litteraly disconnect between checking out customers for no reason at all.
You probably solved it already but for others this might help: besides the troubleshoot steps already mentioned.. be sure your Shopify Payments is not set as ‘testmode’. In testmode you can’t connect the wisepad and it took me hours and hours before I found this out 😉
Explore the 30-30-30 rule, a dynamic social media strategy for new businesses. Learn how t...By Trevor Sep 20, 2023
Discover how to leverage the often overlooked footer of your ecommerce site to gain custom...By Skye Sep 15, 2023