Who charges for labels when UPS account is linked to Shopify shipping?

stephrisp
Visitor
1 0 0

If we link our UPS carrier account to Shopify shipping, do we get charged for the labels from Shopify or UPS?

Reply 1 (1)

Blair
Shopify Staff
1855 253 223

Hey @stephrisp,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I'm happy to provide some guidance with purchasing labels after connecting carrier-calculated shipping to the shop. To provide some context, connecting your own UPS account will allow for both shipping and return labels to be purchased directly within Shopify or from UPS directly. I recommend checking out our Buying Shipping and Return Labels documentation for more information on this, but ultimately leaves the decision up to you. 

If it is decided to purchase shipping labels from within the Shopify admin, they will be priced based on the rates associated with your UPS account. It's important to note that labels purchased with your UPS account can only be fulfilled from locations in the United States. Alternatively, you can purchase shipping labels through UPS directly where the charges would be processed there as opposed to within Shopify. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog