How can I set cash payment for pickup and online payment for delivery?

andkarelin
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi!

We need our customers to be able to pay cash at pickup. And if the customer chooses delivery, then only online payment is available. Is it possible to configure? And how?

Replies 6 (6)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 326

Hey, @andkarelin!

This is Moira from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for posting, and a very warm welcome to the Community! It’s great to hear you are wanting to offer cash at pickup for your customers, catering to a variety of payment methods is a major driver for customer satisfaction and loyalty.

Were you wanting to offer cash at pickup for all products in your store or just a few? You can add a Cash on Delivery payment option in your store via your Settings > Payments by creating a custom manual payment method.

Many people call this method Cash on Delivery though you can name it what you'd like. You can also add payment instructions so that your customer has some additional information on the Thank-you page, once they have completed their order as shown below:

21-07-wucgi-dnahn

Orders that accept manual payments are marked as unpaid on the Orders page. After you receive payment for a customer's order, you can mark the order as paid on the order details page and fulfill the order as you would if they had made an online payment.

An alternative option would be using an app that allows payment on pickup as an option for customers. Many Shopify merchants use this app to bring a fully functional store pickup system to their sites. If you have any particular questions in relation to the app's functionality, it would be best to contact the support team for Zapiet.

TIP: Communicating shipping speeds at checkout to your customers can help improve cart conversion, provide clarity and transparency, and increase consumer confidence. Learn more about how to add shipping speeds directly from your Shopify Admin. Then have a read of this blog post that goes over shipping strategies to increase conversions and profitability.

If you have any questions please feel free to thread those below.

Cheers!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

joel-vl
Shopify Partner
25 0 12

@Moira Can the text of the two fields (Name of custom payment method and Additional details) be translated?

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 326

Hey @joel-vl,

If you sell using an online store, then you can translate your checkout by editing your theme. Some themes come with translations for more than one language, so you can select a different language for your checkout in the theme editor. If you want to use a language that is not included in your theme, then you can also translate the checkout manually.

To translate these fields, you'll need to use Shopify's language settings. Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Log in to your Shopify store.
  2. From your Shopify admin, click "Settings" and then click "Checkout and account".
  3. Scroll down to "Manage Checkout Language".
  4. Make your changes to the checkout fields.

5. Click Save.

For further guidance, follow the steps listed in our help doc below:

joel-vl
Shopify Partner
25 0 12

@Moira in the Shopify language settings there are no fields for Manual payment methods. Am I looking at the wrong place?

Screenshot 2023-02-20 at 10.23.41.pngScreenshot 2023-02-20 at 10.23.34.png

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 326

@joel-vl 

Oh, I see what you mean! You could simply adjust the wording of the manual payment method through your Settings > Payments > Manual payment methods > Manage. See image below:

23-02-3wj93-grgmm

23-02-q94yi-2qymp

joel-vl
Shopify Partner
25 0 12

@Moira, I'm aware of this screen, which lets you define the message in one language. My question is how do I set the message in multiple languages? We have translated our shop into 3 languages (EN, DE, FR).

Translation apps do not allow translating anything in the Shopify-hosted checkout process. Therefore, Shopify must provide a solution for the translation.