Change an order from local pickup to shipping or Vice versa

lazylivin
Tourist
7 0 9

I’m looking for a feature to change an order from local pickup to shipping. Customers pick the wrong option often so I need ability to change it so I can print a shipping label.  The only thing I’ve been able to figure out is creating a completely new order for the customer with the correct option selected. This takes time and also messes up reporting as well as confuses customer with multiple orders. Can a feature be added to Shopify so I can change an order to shipping or from shipping to local pick up.

I am on Shopify Basic Plan

Replies 12 (12)
mmonik
1 0 0

I have the same issue.  Were you able to get this resolved?

lazylivin
Tourist
7 0 9

No they have not addressed this 

Sandy_Zapiet
Tourist
26 0 1

Hello @lazylivin and @mmonik  ,

Sandy here, from Store Pickup + Delivery.

If ever you were to use our app, please note that this information can be edited, through the "More actions" drop down menu of your order ( in Shopify ).

Sandy_Zapiet_0-1634828590222.png

Which will open a page in our app, where you'll be able to edit the method, the location and the date and time.

Sandy_Zapiet_2-1634828654387.png

Sandy_Zapiet_3-1634828760350.png

Don't hesitate to reach us at zapiet@support.com, if you have any questions 🙂

Wishing you a lovely day to you both !

billynj
Tourist
5 0 2

The app sounds nice but $360 a year is very overpriced for what we need a local delivery label, for local delivery by hand or customer pickup in store 

dearthdog
Tourist
4 0 1

I have this same issue, has Shopify addressed a work around for changing an edit from local pick up to shipping so shipping label can be printed?

Thank you

wokeface
2 0 1

I agree. We frequently have customers that think they want local pickup but then never make the time to come in and ask us to ship it instead. Our workaround that may help you has been editing the order to add the shipping cost and sending the invoice for the balance for them to pay. This at least allows the same order # to be used so you do not have to create a new one.

But it does not help the issue of how the order is actually classified on the Shopify order page and it may complicate how you do the shipping.

We use Shipstation for shipping and the pickup orders come in same as any other in there, so shipping these orders that people change their minds on is not a big deal for us.

But it does make it annoying on the Shopify side because I have to "mark it as picked up" and tell the customer to ignore that notification, just so we can clear it from our system.

Danielaalcerro
1 0 1

Having the same issue here! 

oliveandharbor
Tourist
3 0 1

We are having the same issue. Really need a way to manage this as I have no way to print a label for this order and if I take it to USPS I end up spending way more on shipping without the discounted rates through shopify. Please help!

arthousesf
2 0 1

I use an ugly workaround but it works.  I created a "Test User" (with my email), then "Test Product" with unlimited quantity, then "Test Order". I then create a shipping label from it using the customer's real address (and ensure NOT to use customer's real email so that they don't receive an email notification).  Then I delete this "Test Order" as if it didn't exist.  I keep "Test User" and "Test Product" for future use (if I need to estimate the price of shipping w/o actually creating an order)

Not a perfect one, I wish Shopify would address that, but oh well.  It saves me money, and it takes an extra minute or so

oliveandharbor
Tourist
3 0 1
When you say you create a test user, do you mean creating a "customer" that
is not real? How do you create a test order? I am not sure I am familiar
with this but it sounds like a great workout to get the discounted prices.
Thanks for your reply! Would love a little more info. Thanks!
arthousesf
2 0 1

Yes, Test Customer.  You go to Shopify Admin, then click on "Customers" and then "Add Customer".  

It's not that much work really.  I just had to do that yesterday, took me 1-3 minutes.  Having a "Test Customer" is useful anyway for all sorts of things

rebelplush
1 0 0

It worked. Thank you. I tried it and it worked for me