Change courier's track and trace website link

ckong
Excursionist
51 0 7

I almost always use the Dutch carrier PostNL to ship the goods. when I generate and print a shipping label via the Sendcloud app, then the orders are automatically fullfilled and the customer is being sent the track and trace number together with the international tracking website (https://www.internationalparceltracking.com/), which is in English. That is great, most of my customers are international.

However, if I manually make a shipping label then I have of course to fullfill the orders manually too. I then input the track and trace number, choose 'PostNL' from the dropdown carrier list and send the customer the shipping notification. But the customer gets the tracking link to the portal page of the Dutch PostNL website (www.postnl.nl) instead of the (international) tracking website. That's not good.

How can I change the carrier's tracking website link for manually generated shipping notifications?

Replies 4 (4)

ajithganesan
Visitor
2 0 1

I have the exact same problem. Did you find a solution yet?

ckong
Excursionist
51 0 7

Yes, kind of. I select 'Other' as courier and then an extra field appears where I copy/paste the url of the international tracking website of PostNL: https://www.internationalparceltracking.com/#/search

That works fine for me. 🙂

ajithganesan
Visitor
2 0 1

Thanks for the reply. I found another workaround. In the email notification templates for shouldn't confirmation, I replaced the value of the fulfillment URL variable to be a combination of base POSTNL url with tracking URL filled as part of fulfillment. 

Emmaolivia
Visitor
1 0 0

To change the carrier's tracking website link for manually generated shipping notifications access your shipping management system or e-commerce platform settings related to carriers and tracking notifications. Locate the option to customize the tracking link for the carrier "PostNL" and I suggest update it with the Fastway Courier tracking . Save the changes and test by generating a manual shipping label to ensure the tracking link redirects customers to the Fastway tracking website for accurate parcel tracking information.