FROM CACHE - en_header

Change of Credit Card - Request for documentation

CharlotteT
3 0 0

I updated the credit card on our company Shopify account and now get the message below. What is this referring to? Do I need to upload a passport for the holder of the credit card?

CharlotteT_0-1621987274823.png

Replies 3 (3)
Lana
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
571 55 74

Hi @CharlotteT!

This is Lana from Shopify.

What you're seeing there is a standard request from our team to verify your Shopify Payments account. 
The document that it requests should be under the name of whoever is the owner of the account, - not necessarily the credit card holder of the card that is billed for Shopify.
When uploading, please make sure it meets the following requirements:

• The image has to be of a government issued ID (i.e. passport)
  • The image has to be in full color
  • It cannot be cropped to hide any of the fields or sections of the document
  • All fields must be visible and legible 
  • Make sure you do this in a way that there is no glare off the document but in a well lit area so that it is easier to see

Once you upload, please allow for some time for our team to review the documents, and keep an eye on your emails just in case we reach out to request more information/update you on this. I can see on your banner it says that it will take 3 business days, but in some cases it can take a bit longer which is why it is important to be on the lookout for any updates.

Let me know if you have any questions on this.

Thanks! -Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - / Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

CharlotteT
3 0 0

Thanks for replying Lara. The account is in the company name so I am unsure what I can send (obviously a company doesn't have a drivers license hahaha). Any recommendations would be brilliant.

Are you perhaps able to advise what documentation has been sent in the past? I have only recently taken over from the previous marketing manager so have nothing to refer back to.

Thanks. Charlotte

Lana
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
571 55 74

Sure, I understand what you mean!
In your case I would recommend that you submit the ID (passport or government issued ID) of the owner of the company - when my team goes to review it, they will get in touch with you through emails should they need more information or clarification! Keep an eye on your admin dashboard as well as your emails - this is because if the ID goes through with no issues, the banner will disappear for you.

Feel free to let me know if you encounter any errors when trying to submit! 

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - / Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog