Change "Add to Cart" to "Back-Order" for out of stock variants

Morewoodkid
4 0 1

Hi Guys

I'm new to Shopify and not a super tech guy. I have just launched a B2B store on Shopify for my wholesale business: www.rushsports.co.za

Shopify integrates fully with our ERP system, Brightpearl, so inventory is live and all order placed in Shopify are created in our ERP. I have tried one of the "Pre-Order" apps on the Shopify app store, but to be honest with our ERP managing this I'm not sure there is any benefit? We want to capture ALL possible orders so I’m wanting to change the "Add to cart" button to display "Back-Order" for any product / variant which is out of stock. A bonus would be if we could somehow show the ETA for the out of stock item? In addition to this I want a message to display in the cart on checkout to notify customers that these items will not ship immediately but will be kept on a back-order. See an example on this store: http://leicastoremiami.com/collections/m-system-camera-accessories/products/leica-evf2-for-x2-leica-...

I am currently using the Testament theme on my store for what its worth... Can anyone assist?

Replies 3 (3)
Ugurcan
Shopify Expert
191 0 19

Hi,

We can definately help you implementing all these options. Please send us an email at support@pasilobus.com and we will turn back to you! You can send the link of this page as a reminder too

hope we can help

Pasilobus, Inc - Shopify Experts -- Check out Pasilobus apps in Shopify App Store: https://apps.shopify.com/partners/pasilobus -- Visit us at www.pasilobus.com --
Ben_Harper
Tourist
5 0 3

This shoud have been a public reply, if not you may as well delete this cause it aint helpful to know its possible but that you didnt make the answer public

txtashi
1 0 0

Ok. I see this is 7 years old but we are in the same exact boat. We use Shopify +BrightPearl and want to have a way to take pre-orders when the items are sitting in the port in LA on a container. Would love to know if you ever figured out a solution. We tried with BSITC and they can only show a pre-order on the front end of the website. The problem to their solution is that if we are writing draft orders our team will have NO idea  how many are in stock vs on the water. Any guidance is appreciated!