Can I alter payment details for my second Shopify store?

Farok
Excursionist
31 0 6

Hi,

I am about to set up my second shop. However, all of my payment methods are set up for my old shop (Like Bank information and PayPal Address have the name of my first shop)

Is there a way that people pay and can't so who they are paying? Especially for PayPal? Like can't see the email they are paying it to, or change the name according to in which online shop they've bought it.

Thanks in advance

Reply 1 (1)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Hi, @Farok

Congratulations on starting your second Shopify store! If I understand your question correctly, you are wondering how to change the payment descriptor for your new store? This is both for Shopify Payments and for PayPal, is that correct? 

For Shopify Payments, you can edit the text that appears on your customers' billing statement. This can be unique for each store. We have a help document on this topic that outlines these steps: 

In regards to PayPal, you can use the email address associated with your new business, and then link this new email address to your existing account. To add additional email address to your account, follow PayPal's help article linked here. Furthermore, PayPal also has detailed instructions on how to update your business name on customers' credit card statements. If you require assistance with these help documents, I recommend contacting PayPal Support. Furthermore, reaching out to PayPal will be the best option for specialized advice about their platform.

Let me know how this goes!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.