change Shopify Payments to Bank Account

arsenalpilgrim
Tourist
17 0 3

Currently my shop is setup to receive money in the Shopify account. I have never entered any bank details.

I now want to set it up so payments received are sent to the bank account automatically every day.

However, I cannot enter a bank account because I have never entered a bank account. I tried too enter bank details from:

Admin-> Settings -> Payments ; on Shopify Payments click 'manage'. This brings up a form to enter the "old" bank details and "new bank details".

I can't enter "new bank details" because I never entered "old bank details".

How do I set it up to have money regularly sent the correct bank account?

Thanks,

Replies 7 (7)

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 222

Hey, @arsenalpilgrim!

I understand you're looking to adjust your payout schedule. You can set it to be sent every business day, however, please note that payouts are subject to processing times or pay periods. The time from when you get an order to when the payout gets to your bank takes more than 1 business day as there is a processing time in between. When you select "every business day" it will be sent the following business day after that processing time. You can find out what the pay period in your country is on this page.

Now, let's talk about your bank account information. Because you're prompted to change, not add, your bank account details and go through verification when you attempt to update them, it seems that your Shopify Payments account has been previously set up and a bank account has already been added.

You can view the last two digits of the bank account connected when you go to the Shopify Payments section in Settings > Payments. If it doesn't appear to be your bank account, we will need to access your account to help you secure it and update your bank account information. If it appears to be your bank account but you're unable to go through the verification and enter the old bank account details, we will still need to access your account to assist you with updating the information. We’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, so we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic.

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

arsenalpilgrim
Tourist
17 0 3

The last two digits are not any account myself or anyone else is familiar with. The below is shown in the section of the admin.

The account was created by me. I don't recall entering any banking details when creating. How do I enter a real bank account?

Thanks,

Richard

SHOPIFY BALANCE ACCOUNT

Your payouts are scheduled for every business day and are deposited into bank account ****** 94 (USD)

arsenalpilgrim
Tourist
17 0 3

The link you sent sends me to the "normal support site". I cannot find a link to live chat or email or callback. How do I create a support request? I don't see any links. Where are these links?

Thanks,

Richard

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 222

@arsenalpilgrim After clicking the support link I shared and logging in, you'll need to enter the topic of your concern in the text box that appears on the next page. Then scroll down and click Continue underneath Get Support.

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

arsenalpilgrim
Tourist
17 0 3

I solved this problem my enabling 2 factor authentication in the Shopify Balance of Admin. Then I was able to see the routing and account number. Neither of which are bank account or routing numbers for any banks we use. I'm guessing this is some kind of "holding" account where Shopify stores the sales. I can then move the money from this account to our "real" account.

Once I confirm the money was transferred I will change the bank account.

Questions for Shopify include:

1 - can a shop be created without entering banking information?

2 - if no bank is specified what does Shopify do?

This would clarify my assumption.

Comment for Shopify Support:

The front page should have a clear option how to get support in person rather than through the community. 

arsenalpilgrim
Tourist
17 0 3

Summer, this is not a solution.

Will you respond to my questions?

arsenalpilgrim
Tourist
17 0 3

No helpful. See comments