Solved

Changing bank accounts after transferring shopify store

Svenkat
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi, 

I recently acquired an online business and shopify store. The seller made me an admin of the store and removed herself from the store. She removed her payment method for shopify bills, but did not remove her old bank account to receive payouts. I'd obviously like to change the bank account from hers to mine, but in order to do that shopify says it needs to verify my identity by inputting the old banking sort code and account number. I don't have this, and I'm sure the seller would rather not share that with me.

Is there a way to work around this so I can add my bank account and remove hers? Or is there a way to contact shopify support to change this? 

Thanks!

Accepted Solution (1)
Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 462

This is an accepted solution.

I am not sure if there is a direct email. Generally, active merchants submit tickets via Shopify's contact page.

Go to the link provided then click --> click on 'Contact Support' ---> on the next page select "Get support as a customer of a Shopify store" and follow the steps.

2021-07-18 12_58_25.png

2021-07-19 11_21_21.png

  

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 462
Hi,

I recommend you to email directly to Shopify's Merchant/Technical support.
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).
Svenkat
Visitor
3 0 0

Do you mind sharing their email address? I'm new to shopify so I may be missing it but that link just takes me back to the help center. 

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 462

This is an accepted solution.

I am not sure if there is a direct email. Generally, active merchants submit tickets via Shopify's contact page.

Go to the link provided then click --> click on 'Contact Support' ---> on the next page select "Get support as a customer of a Shopify store" and follow the steps.

2021-07-18 12_58_25.png

2021-07-19 11_21_21.png