Changing payment options at checkout

Ryanxanthopoulo
Excursionist
37 0 4

Hi all,

I am setting up the checkout/payment section of my shopify hire store.

I have products which I sell, and products which I hire out.

Can someone tell me whether I can set up the payment section to show the 'manual payment' method only for my hire products. And 'Credit card payment' only for my standard products which i sell.

Currently at checkout it displays all options, allowing customers to choose either credit card, paypal or manual payement.

My hire customers will be paying later once there booking date is closer, and hence I dont want to offer the method of paying via credit card, and vice versa for the standard products that are available for purchase.

Thanks in advance!

Replies 2 (2)

Kai33
Excursionist
18 1 2

Hi @Ryanxanthopoulo ,

Normally you cannot disable payment methods dynamically, yet, you can achieve this with the Kip: Customize Payment Methods app, which let's you hide the payment options based on conditions. In your case you could create a rule to hide the credit card method if the items in the cart don't contain your standard products.

Here is a simple step by step to achieve this:

1.- After you enter the app, select the create hide rule option:

Create hide rule.png

2.- Enter the name of your credit card gateway that you want to hide:

My credit card gateway.png

3.- In the condition, select "Cart item SKUs", and then enter the SKUs of your standard products:

product skus condition.png

Then you save the rule, and it's done!

I hope you find this helpful.

CodeComedian
Tourist
40 0 1

Hey! For your specific need of showing the 'manual payment' method only for hire products and 'Credit Card Payment' only for products you sell, the KlinKode PayRules app might just be what you're looking for. It allows you to set rules that control which payment methods are available based on the specific products in the cart.

You can find the app here: https://apps.shopify.com/klinkode-payrules

There's a guide that could help you set it up for your particular needs:

Hope this helps!

- Control payment methods visibility at checkout by KlinKode PayRules app.
- You can join in our Facebook group for Shopify help.